JLSleather

HELP- need leather now

I need some leather about 7.5 oz and I have some about 9 oz.

What i want:  

• Somebody SPLIT this leather for me, OR
  • Somebody SELL me a bit of W/C black drum dyed skirting, holstered and split to about 7.5 oz

This is to keep some boys happy who have already ordered.  I could give them back their money, but they don't want the money- they prefer the holsters they asked for (that's why the ordered!)  Some would say since I'm closing, doesn't matter - but I don't like to "do business' like that, even if it's not "for a business".

I've been known to refer others to do the job(s) when I couldn't fit them in to customer schedules.  I like seeing the customer AND the crafter gettin' 'er done!  But this time not do-able.  One of these is for a Boberg pistol, that i designed a while back.  Designed for my buddy Robert (mecopocketholsters.com) so not up to me to share the design.

So, somebody got the means to do one or the other IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO, just figure a fair price, and then DOUBLE IT, and let me know ;)

Not about the money.  SO, if you got some as I described, send me a 2 foot chunk and a bill for what... $40? Call it $50 with the shipping?  Gotta be pretty darn nice for that price, but if you got the good stuff, $50 is acceptable ;)

Edited by Johanna
edited topic title

Hope it can work out for you, and your clients.

I got some 4 oz I guess I could line with some 3 oz if that's the only way ...

Off to the gym for a bit, but I'll check on this.  

Keep in mind, that trades are possible as well.  Got what I need, but you need

• some natural HO?  or
  • buckles?  or
  • thread, or
  • dummy guns, or
  • patterns? ;)

Here's yer chance to really pad the bill... here's the one time you can price-gouge and not have me blastin' ya fer it ;)

I might have some drum dyed HO about the weight you need I. . . .does it have to be W & C? Not even sure how much I have left. I'm home for dinner but can check when I go back to work.

Umm, disregard previous response. . . can't find the damn stuff!  It isn't where its SUPPOSED to be, and it isn't even where it ISN'T supposed to be! One of these days I'm going to lose my mind in there.

Yeah, I'd wanna use the same W/C that one guy got before.  THANKS for checkin' ;) !!

I have a back of standard w/c black drum dyed I can cut a chunk off of. It is supposedly 8 oz but I will have to check and see if it is over or under on the weight. No price gouging from me that ain't my style. I'll let you know what I find out.

Yeah, gotta check.. mine was "supposed" to be 7.5/8 oz.. but not so much ;)

"Preciate ya.  Cash or trade, no difference here.  I haven't had the chance to snoop around this leather for a thiner spot... wench wife had me cleanin out the house of all the stuff i told her not to buy over the past 5 or 8 years ...

I just checked and it is running 8.5-9 closer to the 9oz mark. I should have a single shoulder floating around the shop somewhere I'll look for it in the morning.

If ya gotter, that'd be awesome.  If not, not the end of the world.  I just want to either start the projects, or refund these boys' money.  R E A L L Y am not going to be "that guy" who holds yer money for a month for nuthin' ;)

Did you just get that W/C?  Wonder if there splitter gauge needs checked?  I talked to Matt about it, told him I'd just keep this leather for other projects.  But I still got some chestnut comin', and that REALLY REALLY needs to be about 7.5 oz.

My last order was in June before the shutdown.