Jarednem

Bob Park Edge Marker?!?!? WHAT?!?!

In the most recent issue of Leather Crafters and Saddlers journal there is a tutorial on how to make leather flip flops. On page #12 step 20a they are dying the edges with a brown Bob Park edge Marker!!!! I want one, anyone know how to get one? Bob if you see this im sold!!! Take my money!!!

Edited by Jarednem

You can message him on this site and he'll give you the information on ordering. Lisa Sorrel also has some that are more like a sharpie. I have both but haven't used either yet but they look like they'll do the job well

Chris

What's wrong with this picture?  I don't need one, but always curious (plus, I wanted to see if it's ANY different from the little pens that angelus puts out).  Google search took me to a fakebook page.  Fakebook page says "request bob's web site' (or sum such), and clicking that gets a message "you have requested bobs site". :rofl:

Bob - seriously.  Nevermind ;)

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

What's wrong with this picture?  I don't need one, but always curious (plus, I wanted to see if it's ANY different from the little pens that angelus puts out).  Google search took me to a fakebook page.  Fakebook page says "request bob's web site' (or sum such), and clicking that gets a message "you have requested bobs site". :rofl:

Bob - seriously.  Nevermind ;)

Yea I think thats pretty ridiculous too. Thank for mentioning Angelus though!!! Im about to purchase the angelus pens now!

I got the angelus pens.... they work great, and for a couple bucks per.  Aguycould do the same thing with a piece of felt, but this just keeps it a little neater in the drawer ;)

Get yourself some Molotow 10 mm Dripsticks. They apply dye and acrylic to edges very nicely. 

And those funny little sponge tipped swabs that women use for eye shadow do a great job as well; you can buy those by the ton through Amazon or even get a large package of them at any store in the Cosmetics section.  I have been using those for years.

I bought one of those applicators with the cone shaped ends on them that turn as you apply your edge cote.  The heads are made of brass and you just dip them in the bottle of edge cote to load them up.  It works very well and you get nice controllable coverage.  I found one on amazon that was half the price of the craftool model that tandy sells.  I can't imagine that one would be any better than the other considering how simple they are in construction.  Here's a link if you're interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KNMWEI0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...Tony