Hello everyone, I was reading leathercrafting101 and noticed for the tandy eco-flow waterstains they had a picture of several pieces of leather dyed and they were so vibrant especially the seafoam green and turquoise. Has anyone every been able to use these dyes and get that type of coloration as in the picture? please help

http://blog.leathercraftlibrary.com/2015/05/12/leather-coloring-101/

Image result for coloring leather 101

No.

I had a conversion last week with the tenant of the shop where I get my dye, he told me that if I wanted vibrant color I must use a dye that has some kind of pigmentation, the problem is that it will bleed on cloth if leather gets wet so I picked the traditional dye instead without pigmentation so no vibrant color.

Don't know about eco-flow as those brand aren't available where I live.

Tandy pro waterstains are my favorite and only dye I use on a regular basis. The reason they are so bright on the leather used in that picture is because the leather was very light to begin with. As the veg tan "ages," the colors will be less vibrant. 

@megganpowell  They are my favorite too, definitely a step up from using those powder based eco-flo dyes. When I use my oak leaf hides (which are very light) the colors turn out great, even turquoise after really working it into the piece, but the seafoam always seems to have a very muted result for some reason.