MattG

Adler are they all made in China!? Worth the Money?

Hi Guys,

I want to buy a new machine. The last few weeks I had narrowed it down to either a Juki 1508NH or Juki 2810. I like the size of the 2810 but the max thread is Tex138 and have some trouble feeder foot with Tenara Thread.

So I read about the Adler 867 Eco that can go up to a Tex 277. A dealer has given me a good price. It is is obviously a bit more than the Juki but I expect that for quality.

But then now I read that they are made in China nowaday? Isn't everything made in China this days!? LOL.

Anyway anyone out there with the 867 Eco with infos, impressions

Thanks

Matt

MattG,

Only one Durkopp/Adler is made in China at this time.  It  is the low end bottom feed apparel machine .  All others including the M class machines such as the 867 are assembled in the old Minvera plant in the Czech Republic or in Germany where the high dollar station machines are made.  Thea are all very good machines with very good prices!     I do not know who sells new Durkopp/Adlers in Australia.

hope that helps.

glenn

Hi  Matt

I seen a site that could lead you close to some machines or leads possibly, they show to be www.texspec.co.nz

Anyway some knowledge with DA sales is in there corner, so I'm sure they know of some locals that could be a great source.

Probably find several machines with their connections, if so keep us posted on any.

Good day

Floyd

Thanks again Floyd,

Dasec is the agent in all of South Pacific. That's good to hear that not everything is "made In China".

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Glenn

ADLER purchased the Minerva factory in the Czech Republic that has been making high quality sewing machines for many decades. I have several Minerva domestic machines and the quality is comparable to anything built in Germany and well above anything that Singer ever built.

ADLER has updated the factory and I have no doubt that the machines produced there are as good as anything produced in Germany or Japan. The reason they use the factory is the lower cost of production which probably reduces the price by about 20% over anything produced in Germany.

On the other hand I would ask if you need a machine that is designed to run 24 hours a day, seven days a week for 20 years?

There are many machines in the Cowboy range that can do the same job at a lower price. They are well made and we have no issue with them being used in production.

Shipping from Australia is not that expensive and we could even arrange direct shipment from China.

Have a look at the website;

http://www.cowboysew.com/

Email me - darren@ablesewing.com.au if you see a machine that fits what you need

Thanks Darren I will have a look