glockanator

can't figure this one out.

So my Dad and I went a day saw the new Magnificent 7 ando he stated the he liked this cross draw that Chris Pratt's character. I can not for the life of me figure out how they attached the back at the angle. Has anyone made one and if so do you have pictures of the back?

The_Magnificent_Seven_Chris_Pratt_Vest__34283_zoom.jpg

Probably something rather simple, back side of the body folded over like this...

Image result for cross draw belt loop saa

Great movie though!

It's Hollywood.  It's probably hot glue and velcro.

Sew or rivet the holster to the belt before sewing it closed is my guess. Lots of Australian knife sheaths/pouches done this way. Alternatively, so long as you have the holes punched before closing it, you might be able to reach inside the mouth with a rivet squeezer or anvil bick after the holster is closed but before it's moulded.

I don't think its a severe a cant as it looks since his leg is lifting the holster up. In a standing shot the holster is more of a typical cant. However it can be made more extreme if the flap is designed that way. back side would look like above but with less stitching on the flap.

wk-seven0923-12.jpg

images.jpg

001.png

And more importantly... was the movie as good as I hope it is?

19 minutes ago, plinkercases said:

And more importantly... was the movie as good as I hope it is?

Yeah I liked it (so much I took my wife later that night) and saw it again. Thanks for all the help I think he might be getting a holster for christmas.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the movie.

I am very excited to see any new western that has some production value behind it.

You are good leatherworking son for sure.

Check out Stohlman's holster book as it shows how to pattern the cross draw through various cants. And when all else fails just do a cardboard mock up as usual.