Frederick

Hollow edge shaves

Hi all,

I live in the UK (near Nottingham) and just missed out on buying a set (1-8) of hollow edge shaves from Dixon 's as they had gone intio liquidation. Luckily I had bought a large set of slim-line pricking irons 6mths before. Is ther anyone out there who would sell or consider swapping for other Dixon tools? See image below for a No.1 hollow edge shave.

thanks

John aka "Woodentop"

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There is a seller on eBay who offers new-made tools, I suspect, made by the same oldboys that used work for Dixon's. I'll dig you out a link when I get home.

2 hours ago, Matt S said:

There is a seller on eBay who offers new-made tools, I suspect, made by the same oldboys that used work for Dixon's. I'll dig you out a link when I get home.

Odd, I looked at ebay.co.uk and found all these tools that are listed as made in England, "Dixon style".....and look the same as old dixons. Is there a new company making new dixon tools now in Walsall?

I will also admit that when I read "Dixon style" I thought of gangnam style, and pictured all the old boys in England making tools, doin the dance.......

Hi both,

Thanks for your feedback, I bought a set of 8 from 'Abbey England' which where in a Dixon style. These were shocking, when I sent images for a refund the reply was "whats wrong with them", I got a refund and Abbey England received their tools back. Abbey's service is excellent however the 'Dixon  style' did not work. Maybe theres a different old feller somewhere else making good ones.

Thanks again for replying, in the meantime I continue to search.

Cheers

image.jpeg

or perhaps dixon style are the leftover factory seconds...

Hi

doubt there Dixon as the profiles sre very different. Cheers