CaptQuirk

Leather tools "brushes" for P.S.?

Computer help section, so here's a computer related question- Are there any PhotoShop brushes available, that are leather Stamps? I'm talking about number so and so pear shader, number so and so backgrounder, number so and so veiner? I think I could have some fun planning projects using them as a visual reference.

This is your job for next week.  Probably worth some money if you save them in the right file type, so aguycould use them in PS or Il (and maybe even Corel).

First, I'm not set up to make the brushes myself. That would require a scanner, and the stamped impressions. I haven't got a scanner, and only a small handful of stamps. Other than that, it is fairly easy to make your own brushes.

Yep, simple.  Surprising there isn't a set on each street corner ;)

When I was taking the course on P.S., I found the need for custom brushes. It really is as simple as taking the image you want as a brush, and saving it as a brush. You can then set it up with jitter, and "walk" the stamp like you would for a backgrounder.

I don't know how to jitter (whatever that is).  Maybe make them custom shapes instead? :whistle:

The jitter setting is just like walking a stamp. You can adjust the X and Y axis, so that when you click the mouse and move it, the brush moves back and forth or up and down in prescribed increments. Custom shapes would also work, but no jitter, and you would still need to have the actual stamp's impression scanned.

Meh.. sounds like a lotta work fer what it is.  Most of us round these here parts jus bop the stamp on a scrap ta see if'n we like the look.  BUT then, I didn't realize for a long time that people wanted to PAY for a "pattern" of a rectangle that somebody called a "wallet", so whadue i know :dunno:

Rather than scanning, couldn't you just grab a copy of something like the Tandy stamps image, then crop and save off copies (by stamp number) of the stamps you want?

Just a thought....

b802.jpg

stamp page.jpg

Possibly, but I wouldn't be sure of the correct size.

I assume you have some of the actual tools.  Take image impressions from a Tandy tool graphic of those tools that you have into PS and measure them.  Compare the digital measurements to those of the actual tools.

The images in the Tandy graphic appear to be proportionally correct so if they're out of actual scale then I'd think it would be safe to assume you can scale each of the images by the same amount to get you close to 1:1.  You'd want to do the same thing if you scanned them to insure you got then migrated into PS at 1:1.

I'd also thought of doing this but quickly decided I didn't really need patterns with the tooling impressions included.

Are these available for download now?

To be honest, I haven't done anything on this... yet. Too many other things going on right now IF I can get focused on it again, I'll let you know.

somebody give this a shot and let me know if i should try others.

leather stamps.abr

Doesn't work on my old version.. what PS is it used with?

CS6

Well, there's the problem... my version of PS is before they used the whole name.. like I'm using Phot ;)

What version are you running? It seems there is a way to do some FM.

If I am not mistaken, yours might be saved in a .png format.  I am not sure if they are saved as a library or individually.

Came across this looking for brushes.

https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/22204-assorted-vintage-brushes

they have some more that might be of interest as well.  just have to phrase the search right for decent results.

p.s. halftone and gradient might work for others as well. maybe halftone gradient combos?

Edited by Tob
added more ideas