JLSleather

Moving sale .. V1.0

Hermann Oak "A" & Wickett/Craig "standard" leather, assorted pieces.  Small as a belt strip or large as a belt bend, and between.  Some natural, some black (W/C skirting).  Most is about 8 oz, but there is some 9 oz and some 4 oz.

Belt blanks - some smooth and some embossed.  I'll try to start takin' pics, should have done this two weeks ago!  Seriously, where else can you see the piece you're getting?!

Cash or blue guns (lemme know what ya have -- I got enough duplicates already, but duplicate "benjamins" are fine ;) ).

Edited by JLSleather

My supply is getting pretty low.  I'm in for some when you have a price.   Can't wait to try tooling some good quality leather!

Bill

I may have to go into hawk but I want some 3/4 ounce.

Yer in PA and haven't been to Wickett & Craig?  I think that may be some kind of leather guy misdemeanor ;)

Price is 'about' $10/foot -- not really a "discount", but rather the ability to purchase what you need, instead of whole sides.

Oh, I maybe should have mentioned that I have exactly THREE bellies.. ordinarily don't buy the belly with the backs, but this last time I did thinking it may get here faster (it didn't).  Oh, and the tracking says that side of W/C chestnut should be here tomorrow, so I'll have the belly from that, too.

The bellies are 8 oz black skirting (2 of those) and 4 oz black skirting (1 of those).  Instead of by the foot, I'd take $50 for all of that and maybe a dozen $ shipping)  NOT good for belts, but fine for collars, cuffs, sheathes, and the 4 oz makes those 'minimalist' wallets I make (or line it for holsters).

I have 'single shoulders' in black AND natural, and maybe 1 in chestnut, assuming I can cut what I need from the piece and still have that.

And I'm cleaning / clearing, so smaller bits git thrown in just cuz it helps us both.

Message me 'about' what you need, and I'll find a piece that's close...

Oh, and 1.5" wide belt blanks at $16, but I'd go $14 for a "bulk" deal.  If you know yer gonna cut 8 or 10, better to get the whole piece by the foot.  These are "A" grade HO, or I can cut some of the black W/C if you know you're doing black.  It stamps great, but ... you know... tough to dye it pink ;)

In fact, let's do the embossed ones same price.. I gotta go ;)  MN got better beer, if I remember rightly ....

A bit of english bridle long enough for belts / slings... in dark brown, and a smaller piece in medium brown.  

And I have chrome tanned stuff I used to make linings for wallets / checkbooks.. in brown, burgundy (ish), and etc.

And a bit of dark color suede, about 4 oz.  Used to line straps / slings, mostly.

Actually, I think I'm gonna have to do a "somewhat" inventory to get it all ;)

Edited by JLSleather

Looks like 29 embossed belts, though I may have miscounted :)  All are over 50" long unless noted. Pics shortly.

Here's the first "wave".  I have multiples of some of these, so feel free to ask.  Meanwhile, more leather just came on the truck, better git busy  ...

$400 takes 'em all (29) ... and some other stuff I find while packin' em.  Or, $16 apiece plus actual shipping.  Quick -- I'm gonna start packin' up 'fore long!

emb.jpg

Edited by JLSleather

I live right in Philadelphia, and don't have need of a car.  PA is a big state, and Curwensville is 250 miles away, so getting there is a challenge.  It's on my to-do list next time I visit family out that way, tho (if I can convince them that a tour of a tannery is a fascinating thing).  Maybe a bribe of leather goods would help!  

8 hours ago, billybopp said:

I live right in Philadelphia, and don't have need of a car.  PA is a big state, and Curwensville is 250 miles away, so getting there is a challenge.  It's on my to-do list next time I visit family out that way, tho (if I can convince them that a tour of a tannery is a fascinating thing).  Maybe a bribe of leather goods would help!  

Wow, I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a place where I would have no need of a vehicle. Heck I drive over 200 miles to see my boyfriend!  That's one way:-) However, I envy you living that close to W & C!

Yeah, different out there, Big Souix.  We measure in acres, some folks measure in square feet -- as in no place to park a car to the point it becomes a pain to have one!

35 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Yeah, different out there, Big Souix.  We measure in acres, some folks measure in square feet -- as in no place to park a car to the point it becomes a pain to have one!

Yep, grew up in Manhattan. Cost more for parking than the car cost and that was 30 years ago. We had an uncle that was well to do and I remember it cost him $84 a month for a parking spot. Lot cheaper to just take a bus/train/cab. Pretty much every city block was a little micro-city though. Everything you needed was right there unless it was a specialty product.

Weird.. guess I expected a bit more response than I saw, simply due to the many posts that always exist about low funds, tight budgets, etc.  No matter, I have to rent a moving truck anyway :dunno:  

5 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Weird.. guess I expected a bit more response than I saw, simply due to the many posts that always exist about low funds, tight budgets, etc.  No matter, I have to rent a moving truck anyway :dunno:  

could be a 'product' issue

;)

Product issue?  Is A-grade Hermann Oak not desirable any more? ;)

On 10/7/2016 at 0:33 AM, JLSleather said:

Product issue?  Is A-grade Hermann Oak not desirable any more? ;)

of course it does.
I meant dimensions, thickness, condition etc.

and of course it's always easier to decide when a photo is presented.
it's hard to 'guess' what's there 

Edited by nrk

Meh... people order leather every day, sight unseen.  No pictures - or a 'stock' picture that never changes  - and then they get a hide that looks little like the picture at all (been there myself)

I don't need any (well, I could use some 7 oz drum dyed black if somebody got a piece ;) ) -- I thought I was helping folks out (which I try to do regularly).  So I mention that i have some 3/4, some 4/5, a bit of 6 oz (almost out), and quite a bit of 7/8.  

IF somebody needs some, and would benefit from purchasing less than a full side at cost, then they would let me know what they need. THEN I would take a picture of the piece and they can approve or not.  But I'm not taking a bunch of pictures so 5 out of 10 not in the market for any, and 3 more out of that 10 want it for less than cost, 1 more will decide I'm "desperate" and need to sell it (and thus will take any offer?), and that last one who might actually want a piece could have just asked for a pic of the piece he's needing ;)

OR IF everybody already has what they need, then all is good and there's no problem.  Simple.  In which case, I know that I can go on about what I do and not give too much weight to those posts about how much a guy gotta spend at placeA or placeB ...

I'm got a couple like this... running $150 with me paying shipping in the U.S.  No shoulder, no belly.. all bend.  57-60" long.

Note that while I do not take "green stamps", i do take "blue guns" :rofl:   

You and a buddy wanna split one, no trouble.. just a little extra shipping ... Keep in mind that this is likely to spoil you.. you won't want to go back where you've been shopping leather!

DSC00844.jpg

Edited by JLSleather

Is that bend the 7/8 oz Hermann Oak? I was looking for some 7/8 to make a few belts, what would the price for half of a bend cut lengthwise of course. Before someone jumps in and says 7/8 oz is too light for belts, I am topping them with a 2/3 oz shark or elephant. Anything heavier creates issues.

37 minutes ago, Ed in Tx said:

Is that bend the 7/8 oz Hermann Oak? I was looking for some 7/8 to make a few belts, what would the price for half of a bend cut lengthwise of course. Before someone jumps in and says 7/8 oz is too light for belts, I am topping them with a 2/3 oz shark or elephant. Anything heavier creates issues.

If you look up higher he has ho belt blanks, embossed and plain.

Yeah, the bends are 7/8 HO.  Foiks who gonna go on about using 7/8 for belts might go on and rip me, too.. cuz that's what I use (generally lined with 4 oz). ;)  

I'll see what I got for "halfsies"....

On 10/11/2016 at 2:31 AM, JLSleather said:

Meh... people order leather every day, sight unseen.  No pictures - or a 'stock' picture that never changes  - and then they get a hide that looks little like the picture at all (been there myself)

I don't need any (well, I could use some 7 oz drum dyed black if somebody got a piece ;) ) -- I thought I was helping folks out (which I try to do regularly).  So I mention that i have some 3/4, some 4/5, a bit of 6 oz (almost out), and quite a bit of 7/8.  

IF somebody needs some, and would benefit from purchasing less than a full side at cost, then they would let me know what they need. THEN I would take a picture of the piece and they can approve or not.  But I'm not taking a bunch of pictures so 5 out of 10 not in the market for any, and 3 more out of that 10 want it for less than cost, 1 more will decide I'm "desperate" and need to sell it (and thus will take any offer?), and that last one who might actually want a piece could have just asked for a pic of the piece he's needing ;)

OR IF everybody already has what they need, then all is good and there's no problem.  Simple.  In which case, I know that I can go on about what I do and not give too much weight to those posts about how much a guy gotta spend at placeA or placeB ...

what sft?

I bought a 8 oz single shoulder and it arrived today with a piece of strap thrown in for free. Nice leather, honest description, and super fast shipping.

Glad you like the piece.  I think we're getting close now.. purdy sure the wife picked her house today :o

Got my leather today, nice clean bend. Thanks. 

You must be out a way from downtown a bit... glad you liked the leather, but it does seem that took a bit to get to you!  UPS doesn't like weekends, too ;)

Not out of town but we had a bunch of bad weather over the weekend which delayed everything coming this way. Thought it was quick enough IMHO. It arrived in one unmolested piece which is the important part. Ya never know when those delivery guys are gonna have a friendly hockey game in the shipping warehouse.