Cajunfighter

Thread for Tippmann Boss

So i just bought a Boss machine and am having a hard time figuring out my thread options. Right now I use .8mm Slam and Tiger thread for all my hand stitching because I like to show off the thread. I know that the machine will use up to a 415 and that is fairly close to the .8mm that i am used to, but it doesn't seem that anyone makes any colors other than white and black. 207 seems to have quite a few colors, but is much smaller. Anyone have some pic comparisons of this that i could look at

thanks

FWIW, . . . when I got my Boss, . . . I got several different weights of thread, . . . mostly from Springfield Leather.

Bought a spool of 346 at Tandy's also.

I only use one other thread, . . . 400, . . . and it is ONLY for special projects.

346 goes on all the other stuff, . . . the thread from Tandy is so easy to work with, lays down beautifully, . . .  

May God bless,

Dwight

is it possible to use tippmann boss with waxed thread?

12 hours ago, Mocivnik said:

yeah, but this one is unwaxed

Wax thread might clog up your needle

18 hours ago, LeatherLegion said:

Wax thread might clog up your needle

Dwight highly dissagrees on that

On 8/13/2019 at 4:55 AM, Dwight said:

Nahh, . . . that's an old wives tale, . . . 

Somewhere after I've done a half dozen holsters, . . . or maybe 3 belts, . . . there will be a stack of the wax on the upper left of the machine where it goes thru that little port, . . . paper towel wipes it off.

Same for the lanyard above the needle, . . . and sometimes on the top of the needle.

Worst part is your fingers are around that super sharp needle, . . . and it can lace you good if you are not careful.

I tried non waxed, . . . think I threw the spool away, . . . don't know what happened to it, . . . I DID NOT LIKE IT.

May God bless,

Dwight