Do we jus' hate web people yet? ;)

My site is not particularly 'fancy' -- in fact that is my position and my strategy... no frills common sense QUALITY without the HYPE (really.).  

But there's the downside of "open source" software.. somebody always creating "improvements" and "upgrades", and suddenly what worked just fine now doesn't.  

Well, now that I think about it, i don't hate 'em .. I just like it better when they aint around :rofl:

Somebody check that site for me.. lemme know if it seems to load quite slow in the galleries....

http://www.jlsleather.com/gallery/more-leather/

http://www.jlsleather.com/gallery/holster/

both loaded fine for me on fibre connection in NS Canada

I tried both and all galleries loaded in less than 2 seconds. We have Time Warner highspeed internet.

Edited by TSes

'Preciate ya fellas! :)

From my 4glte(whatever) android it took about 7 seconds and 4 seconds respectively.

I kin live with that, but that's like the outside number... prolly jus look for a nuther way to pic up 

:cheers:

Im on a slow slow connection and it loaded up a touch slower than it used to but really just fine. I would say a 3 Mississippi count. Worked as it should.

Thanks, Boss ;) 

I noticed this morning that two pics werent' showing (just the 'alt' text) and to "fix" I had to re-send one and delete one.  Darn rasafrassin' upgrades ... :!@@#!@#~!

seems to work just fine over here in Tuckessee.

Good speed here Scotland, about 1 sec and 3 secs respectively.

13 minutes ago, gary said:

Good speed here Scotland, about 1 sec and 3 secs respectively.

Tha's quicker'n' me.. I got about 4 and 6 seconds from here.

Edited by JLSleather

I am on adsl 8mbps speed and loads fast and looks good.  You don't need open source to get nice web software. I used Serif webplus 6 for my last site. It was a free download. I am now on Serif webplus 8. It cost me about £14.99. I think they wanted £80 but they will drop the price if you ask.

Serif have some real good free to down load programs. One of my sites done with Serif 8 is www.uksaddlery.com

Yeah, I get bored with that whole web thing.  I used to do exactly that, but honestly didn't like the people I was meeting.  

The only real downside to wordpress (other than what i already mentioned) is it's a bit of a pain to see it before it 'goes live'.  Not interested in setting up a server,blahblah... ;)

If it gets out of control, I'll likely just split the galleries into smaller 'batches'.

Just poking around elsewhere on your site, I found that your notebook pattern making download link is broken.  Error as shown to me:

Error! This download item (1368) does not have any download link. Edit this item and specify a downloadable file URL for it.

All others checked out fine.  All loaded up within roughly 3 seconds for me.  I am on Spectrum cable internet.  

I know a few months old but...A.D.D. browsing and checked it out anyway.

Fixed.. not sure what happened there, but thanks!

You're welcome.  I do like how you laid out your tutorials.  A good description with a picture.  I have come across many tuts over the years for a lot of things that say beginner, yet the beginner will spend more time trying to figure out what it said.  More like a beginning intermediate or higher maybe.  At the same time, a paracord whip making instructable that i have come across, spells it all out nicely.  It ain't for the beginner, learn these things first and then this will be easy.  Simply laid out and not too barney style to make me just want to hand it to a 3 year old.  

Thanks ;) 

I quickly got tired of articles, blogs, pootube videos, .... all saying "how to .. this" or "this-that tutorial", or something to that effect.  Then you click on it, and you get a sketch, or you get a "time lapse" video with some music that has nothing to do with the video, or  maybe you get some guy going on about "i aint no professional, and I know it's been done a bazillion times, but ... I'll do this anyway!".