Cajunfighter

Tippmann Boss Stitch questions

So I am trying to get used to my Boss and having some trouble getting the stitch right. The lock is coming to the top side of the stitch. The manual suggests that I loosen up the tensioners until the issue is resolved, but I loosen both of them all the way and nothing is fixed. Any suggestions? Thanks

you can also tighten the bobbin tension to help pull the lock down into the work

Try just going around once instead of twice on the tensioner you went around twice on? Try it?

Does the boss have reverse? Probably a dumb question, but I am a curious type.

No the boss does not have reverse so to say. You just turn the piece around. Like others have said, check your bobbin tension. Different thread sizes require different tension. They can be picky

I've had my boss for several years, . . . follow exactly what the mfg recommends, . . . have no issues.

IT IS A BIT TRICKY to get the machine set up at first if for some reason yours is not, . . . but follow their directions and it'll work out.

You also want to get a couple of 1/4 X 20 wing nuts, . . . and if you get to where everything you sew is pretty much the same thickness, etc, . . . use them to lock down your tensioners.

As for reverse, . . . I just lift up my foot, . . . push the piece back, . . . lower the needle and sew, . . . must do each stitch individually, . . . but it works.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks.