Sign in to follow this  
wildrose

New Shop in PA

Just got finished setting my shop up in our new home in Hamburg, PA. We moved from New Castle, DE 2 months ago. It was our toughest move yet, because there was a month between when we settled on our DE home, and when we closed on the home here! That was a month with alot of travel with a toddler and 2 cats :blink:

Anyhow....my specialty is Celtic art, though my hubby is always pestering me to do more leaves and scrolls. I mostly do leather/wood boxes; but will take orders for wallets, folios, wristbands, etc etc. My website, slightly out of date at this point is http://home.att.net/~wildrosecreations/

My biggest piece yet was a shield for a LARPer (live action role player). It was also the most difficult because it had to meet very specific requirements. My second hardest was a WHITE binder for a wedding guest book. I discovered that dying leather white is not something I care to repeat...then again, the silver interior for it wasn't much of a treat either!

shield_modelled_01.jpg

binder_white_cover_01.jpg

binder_white_interior_01.jpg

back_finished.jpg

post-3-1151201490_thumb.jpg

post-3-1151201548_thumb.jpg

post-3-1151201576_thumb.jpg

post-3-1151201640_thumb.jpg

Edited by wildrose

I sometimes am not sure if people mean "dye" or "paint." Did you dye the leather white, or was it painted white? I think of "dye" as a penetrating liquid that soaks into the leather very quickly (Fiebing's oil dye, etc), whereas "paint" makes me think of thicker stuff like Cova paint. I do not know of any white dye (though I think that would be very cool), so I thought I would ask. . .

Thank you

I do mean dye...I believe Tandy put it out, but it's been a few years.

I also buffed it with white shoe polish when finished.

I checked my supplies, and found I was 1/2 right...I did buy the dye at Tandy, but it's a Fiebing's product: Fiebing's Leather Dye, White. It's in a glass bottle, unlike their other dyes, and I can tell you it's STRONG in the smell dept. :P A friend dropped a bottle in his Tandy store, it broke and he had to open all the doors for a long time!