CaptQuirk

Georgia Leathercrafters Guild? Anybody???

Not sure this is the right place, but this is where I'll start. I found mention of the Georgia Leathercrafters Guild somewhere, and have been trying to get some info on them. They have a facebook page, but not having facebook myself, their page is blocked by a "Join Facebook" ad. I tried shooting them an email, weeks or maybe months ago, and no response. Sooo... anybody know somebody?

• @tnhomestead- Ok, gotchya. I was wondering why  you sent me your number :) Thank you!

Let me know as well if you get a response. I'd like to get in with a guild. Im in the Augusta GA area. 

21 minutes ago, LeatherWorthy said:

Let me know as well if you get a response. I'd like to get in with a guild. Im in the Augusta GA area. 

If you are on Facebook, you might want to try them yourself. I've had the number for a couple weeks now, and can never remember to call. 423-619-6695

LeatherWorthy, CaptQuirk,

Ever hear anything from GA Leathercrafters guild?  Not a Facebook user, but my wife sent a message to them two or three weeks ago but never got a response.  Was at one of the Tandy locations here in Atlanta and they mentioned the group as well, but other than that haven't actually heard anything back from them, no idea when/where they meet, etc.

John

Edited by Mokerson
Spelling

@Mokerson- I finally did call a couple times. Left a message... BEEP. Never heard back, and don't really have the time to go anyways.

Here's some general info I found on their FB page for those of you who don't have FB or are interested:

Currently the Georgia Leathercrafter's Guild does not have a website. Guild membership meetings are held at Tandy Leather #120 - ATLANTA (Norcross) -120 Manager: Chuck Dorsett Atlanta120@tandyleather.com 6725 Jimmy Carter Blvd, Suite D Norcross, GA 30071 USA Phone: 770-449-0711 Fax: 770-449-0751 Toll Free: 800-261-4119 Store Hours: Monday-Friday: 9am - 6pm Saturday: 9am - 4pm Sunday: Closed. See postings on time for changes.

The FB page says they are not having a meeting in August, but will have one in September. I posted a message about when in September they are having a meeting, will update when I receive an answer. I would imagine if you called the store they will be able to give you a date.

Received this via FB this evening:

"I haven't received any emails or phone calls. I check the guild's email every day. Anyway, we usually meet the 2nd Saturday at the Tandy store in Norcross. So far, we will be meeting there in September, usually starting around 1pm. There will be a post on our FB page soon confirming place and location."

Phone number: 423-619-6695 - I'm verifying via FB if that is still the correct address.

mmx1CUx_Wqn.png
@GeorgiaLeathercraftersGuild
Send Message
NATJz7Mzjkf.png

I'll share whatever else I receive as far as updated information.

Edited by Deb791

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. My name is Jo Keith and I am the President of the Georgia Leathercrafter 's Guild. If you are in Georgia, you are more than welcome to come to one of our meetings. We've  changed our format to having the business meeting the first month of the quarter and working on projects the other two months. Sept. 2017 is a project meeting. We meet at the Tandy Leather in Norcross GA. Meeting starts around 1 PM and goes to whenever, but no later than 3:30. Bring a project and your tools. Share your knowledge and maybe learn something new!

If you need to get hold of me, email is best as I check it every day. georgialeatherguild@gmail.com or go to our FB page and leave a message there.

See you soon.

Jo Keith

Jo, thanks for he post! I'm in Athens, and would like to attend. When you have it scheduled please post what day it will be. Thanks!