Bognosh

leather cracking

So I have no idea why this is happening, it was coated with waterstain and then acrylic resolene for the finish.I put a mild bend to it and it cracked and split. I really need some help with this please!!20161031_205755~2.jpg

Edited by Bognosh

looks like the leather was too dry to me. Usually best to wait until you've done any forming before putting resolene on so you can dampen it with water before bending

always wet the fold and/or condition with Aussie or NF Oil.

of course. conditioners are just that, conditioners. They still need a finish on top of them

most times I'll apply them after applying dye

Really need to read up some info on finishing your projects which will help. There are several threads on the order of things. 

How I do mine is cut the leather, dye it and let dry plenty (usually a few hrs), buff the leather, apply neatsfoot oil sparingly then let sit for 12-24 hrs, buff again, apply finish of choice, let dry depending on finish used, buff again and your all set. 

If your doing bends in it I usually wet mold it to the bend you want either after dying or before. Gonna have to play with that a little. Just make sure to use DI water, I use DI water with some saddle soap in it.