Have a good day to everyone! Just completed my shoulder bag for daily carrying.  Veg tanned leather 8-9 oz.  Brass hardware. This is the bigest carving i've ever made in one project. Antique stain and Balm atom wax as finish. And I planing to use mixture bee wax with oil for conditioning, periodically.

14735853_m.jpg

14735854_m.jpg

14735855_m.jpg

14735856_m.jpg

14735858_m.jpg

14735859_m.jpg

14735860_m.jpg

14735862_m.jpg

14735864_m.jpg

14735865_m.jpg

14735871_m.jpg

14735872_m.jpg

Excellent design, construction, and carving.

Ferg

Thank you sir!  Very glad you liked

Great job. I'd be glad to carry that through the woods.

Thanks! Yeah, walking in the woods is really nice, I love it)))

Edited by MaverickFZX750

5 hours ago, MaverickFZX750 said:

Thanks! Yeah, walking in the woods is really nice, I love it)))

It looks great, and the carving is really nice, however when i made my personal bag with the same side seams, the edges ended up turning out over time and the face and back didn't stay as flat as I like. With the same thickness of leather on the front and side the seam will end up sharing the corner stresses evenly, curling the edges of the front and back.  I have found that the two ways to fix this is to use leather that is a grade lighter weight on the sides or skive the edges back on the side pieces to thin them some so they flex instead of the front and back.

Just a tip for the next one you make.

Beautiful !

15 hours ago, TinkerTailor said:

It looks great, and the carving is really nice, however when i made my personal bag with the same side seams, the edges ended up turning out over time and the face and back didn't stay as flat as I like. With the same thickness of leather on the front and side the seam will end up sharing the corner stresses evenly, curling the edges of the front and back.  I have found that the two ways to fix this is to use leather that is a grade lighter weight on the sides or skive the edges back on the side pieces to thin them some so they flex instead of the front and back.

Just a tip for the next one you make.

Right! Thank you for advice. It's the cause why I made the front side different way with the back, in this case.  

Sweet work!  I like the color and the size is very well proportioned.  The border carving and your logo are very cool and unique.