Janmaderroberts

Have tons of rivets snaps clips buckles etc

I bought at auction a lot of leather supplies when Whitman Leather Co of Cintinnati Oh retired and closed its doors.  I had no idea how much I had actually won in the auction as it was online only and pictured rolls of leather.   I am interested in selling a lot of this stock but am a little overwhelmed with the amount of everything.  They made premium saddles, as well as other horse/tack products and many many different types of gear belts and accessories for the Ohio police and fire departments.  If you're interested in seeing pics of what I have or if you'd be interested setting a time to come see message me and I'll try to answer any questions. 

I remember seeing it and not seeing. what type and weight. and how much per side you talking skirting ,bridle, oak tan lining ??? sheep 1/2 nap think you need to list what you have

I will. Like I said I'm a little overwhelmed.  I've got lots of pre dyed in various thicknesses huge pcs some look like double shoulders some look like full centers.  Images are difficult because most thatbontook exceed the limits for the site. Have big rolls of Bonnitex too 

you can post the things you have here or I know of 2 sites on face book that people post on one is leather tools and patterns for sale or trade  and the other is  leather tools for sale

are you very knowledgeable on what things are called

you bought the pallets of hardware

Thank you!  For the most part yes. I search sites until I find things if I'm not sure of the names of items.  It was an entire stock room of rivets snaps clips buckles clasps tons unopened and tons in open boxes.  They only pictured a fraction of what was in the lot.  

I think some of that stuff after its been here a while I would think you could contact a finding company. big enough one might just buy it all if the price was right .  just give us a chance first

Absolutely. That's why I'm posting.  I'm all about the really good price part.  I don't mind sharing my good fortune one but!!!

Absolutely. That's why I'm posting.  I'm all about the really good price part.  I don't mind sharing my good fortune one but!!!

Do you have any veg tanned leather? Any idea of the weights?

I use the veg tanned which is why I bid on the lot and there wasn't much. I do have a ton of scrap veg tanned  of various thickness. 

Most in lot is saddle leather around 4-5mm maybe 5-6mm and thicker brown probably     7-8/8-9mm. 

In the 5-6 mm leather, how big are the pieces, and what are you asking?

21 minutes ago, CaptQuirk said:

In the 5-6 mm leather, how big are the pieces, and what are you asking?

Ditto. Same with the 7/8.

1 minute ago, Mattsbagger said:

Ditto. Same with the 7/8.

Hey! No piggy backing my posts! :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, CaptQuirk said:

Hey! No piggy backing my posts! :rolleyes:

Saves on my typing fingers!:lol:

lol and I thought I was first in line

Most are huge centers or double shoulders approximately 4'x6'+

Edited by Janmaderroberts

And the pricing is...? Don't make us drag it out of you ;)

I'm sorry I just spoke with a very nice man who gave me some good places to check pricing. I will price it lie I promise but I have never dealt with vat tanned leather and I want to be positive I list it correctly and don't charge too high at all.  I also want to be sure and get close up good pictures and number each piece with size so you can pick the pieces you like that will work for you.   I'm definitely not wanting to have any bad feelings anywhere.  Email is best for pics mine is maderjc@aol.com.  

Ok, I totally understand. I'm not really up on all of this either. I'll shoot you a PM with my email, and what I'm looking for.

Sounds like a wonderful win on the auction, I'd be interested in items also. I sent you an email on this subject.