bland

Wedding Guestbook/Memory Book/Journal Cover

I recently my wife asked me to make a wedding guestbook for my daughter's wedding. She didn't give me much lead time so I pushed some things a little hard.  It is 5/6 oz veg tan except for pockets in front cover that is 3  oz veg tan that was quite soft which caused me some problems in stitching and edging.  It is dyed Fiebrings British Tan.  I had to re glue the edge of the 3 oz leather after stitching as it pulled up in some spots I think I got it down pretty good.  The tooling on the back is not quite symmetrical.  I'm still saddle stitching everything. Let me know what you think.  

20161102_170905.jpg

20161102_170928.jpg

20161102_170938.jpg

20161102_170953.jpg

Here are a couple more photos.

20161102_171010.jpg

20161102_212217.jpg

I think the only person that's going to notice any flaws in this is the person what made it. :)  Nice work!

45 minutes ago, TonyRV2 said:

I think the only person that's going to notice any flaws in this is the person what made it. :)  Nice work!

Agreed, we tend to be our harshest critics. That looks like a beautiful outcome to me!

It looks fabulous. 

Thanks for your kind words .

I am planning on making a similar cover like that.  I am just trying to figure out how you did the edges.  Are they folded in and then sewn, or just sanded?  Your project looks to be very finely crafted. 

Wow that looks great! Nice stitching and I don't see any errors, like others have said you are your own worst critic. I'm sure your daughter will cherish it!

Thanks all again for nice words.  

Crafty Nick-- Nothing fancy like skiving and turning the edges.  I edged with #2 edger, sanded, dyed, sanded, dyed, burnished.  Once with glycerin saddle soap and water with wood slicker and then with bee's wax and felt burnishing wheel.  Then I sealed it with Resolene.