cliq

Servo motor for JUKI DU-1811N

Hey to all!

Thanks for accepting here :)

I would like to ask about the servo motor.

I have JUKI 1811 with clutch motor, which is super fast - it is hard for me to work with leather, speacially for me as I am beginner.

Could You tell me what kind of servo motor would fit my JUKI DU-1811N and also be the slow one? I have googled and searched this forum, I havent found that specific answer, but I guess I know that I need the small one - as it has advantage with slow type leather work? Any additional suggestions maybe.

Thanks again,

Niklas,

CLIQ. 

Many of our members are using the Family Sew FL-550, fitted with a 50mm pulley. I have this setup on a walking foot machine and I can easily sew 1 or 2 stitches per second, all day long. The final slow speed is determined by the diameter of the pulley on the machine.

These motors have a rotary switch or potentiometer that limits the top speed. When set to the minimum, the motor turns over at about 350 rpm. When set to full speed they spin at about 3600 rpm.

To really slooooow these motors down, add a 2:1 or 3:1 speed reducer wheel between the motor and machine. The reducer multiplies the torque by the same ratio as it reduces the speed.

I assume you mean 1181? Anyhow, pretty well all modern (and some not-so-modern) machines that use clutch motors have a standard 3-bolt mounting. It's become a de-facto standard for mounting motors, and all servos should use the same system so any servo should be a bolt-on replacement. Any servo will give you the ability to set the speed, the one Wiz refers to is probably the easiest to use as most others require setting the speed parameters via push buttons and a digital display.

I'm not sure what you mean by "small one"?

Cliq;

If the Family Sew motors (FL-550/FS-550) are not available where you live in Europe, look into "Jack" brand motors. If you really want control and lots of power (and special features, with a big price tag), look into Efka motors.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

Cliq;

If the Family Sew motors (FL-550/FS-550) are not available where you live in Europe, look into "Jack" brand motors. If you really want control and lots of power (and special features, with a big price tag), look into Efka motors.

College sewing sells the jack motors in europe. Apparently College Sewing also carries the Ho Hsing servos but does not advertise them on the web. They do advertise ho hsing clutch parts and non servo motor stuff however. They would fit between the family/jack motors and the efka both in price and quality.