Thor

Made a wastepaper basket lid

1 hour ago, Eddie Q said:

Outstanding work Mister !! It sure would look beautiful as a bar stool :)

Thank you. Yeah, I was thinking of something like that together with the other 11 astrological signs.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:50 AM, Thor said:

Thanks. Don't how it would be on a corset, but you definitely don't want it to become to thick. So a thinner lace than this one maybe and eventually just a double loop braid instead of a Mexican round braid. Takes less time and less braid.

I plan on doing a Mexican round along the upper edge using roo lace very soft lace and yeah the double loop takes way less time, also planning on doing a gaucho lacing along the seams or at least that is the plan running around in my head currently for the next corset I make.

1 hour ago, Windrider30 said:

I plan on doing a Mexican round along the upper edge using roo lace very soft lace and yeah the double loop takes way less time, also planning on doing a gaucho lacing along the seams or at least that is the plan running around in my head currently for the next corset I make.

Just noticed you are in Australia. Of course roo, what else? I wish it would be affordable here in Germany. I'd be using roo only. I don't know what gaucho lacing is, but it sure looks nice. I like lacing a lot it just takes so horribly long. Wonder if it would look good on yokes for a pair of chaps.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:08 PM, Thor said:

Just noticed you are in Australia. Of course roo, what else? I wish it would be affordable here in Germany. I'd be using roo only. I don't know what gaucho lacing is, but it sure looks nice. I like lacing a lot it just takes so horribly long. Wonder if it would look good on yokes for a pair of chaps.

here is a video I stumbled across on the gaucho lacing I am using it more for looks then support so it might look good on a pair of chaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn9l_dCJDEU&list=PLpkKTVQ8_1d8E8imKH1TbxJcVivVce0OM&index=18

Wow that is one heck of a waste basket lid!

20 hours ago, Windrider30 said:

here is a video I stumbled across on the gaucho lacing I am using it more for looks then support so it might look good on a pair of chaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn9l_dCJDEU&list=PLpkKTVQ8_1d8E8imKH1TbxJcVivVce0OM&index=18

Thanks, that rings a bell now.

12 hours ago, Horseshoe said:

Wow that is one heck of a waste basket lid!

Thank you.