Jess Jones

I Need a Clicker Press, Strap Cutter & Splitter ASAP

I am moving into a new retail shop and really need a Clicker Press, Strap Cutting machine & Motorized Splitter ASAP. Does anyone know of anyone that has one? I looked in for sale area on here and most people list and never respond. If you or someone you know has one these items in good working condition and want to sell, please let me know. I am in Los Angeles.

Thanks!

Finding all three used for a decent deal is not that common, specially together as a package. Gonna take a little time and/or legwork I suspect. These machines are above reach of the average hobbiest so there are not that many floating around here. You gotta make a lot of belts in your basement to justify a strap cutter. Many of the machines people use on here are either worn out and they deal with it or were rebuilt over the course of months slowly finding parts. This is the way we save money, sacrifice time.  As a business, time is money. Spend well once, or buy twice. Frequently spending more is actually cheaper in the long run when running a business. In business it is a good idea to have someone who can service it and get parts to reduce down time when stuff breaks. Downtime for finding parts for an old machine that is no longer made, but was cheaper to buy, may cost you a lot more.  Down time is lost revenue. For most people on here, leather is a hobby and hobbies cost money. Downtime saves money......Not the case for you........If I buy a broken machine for 100 bucks, and then spend 50 bucks a week on parts to get it going, the wife will never notice. 6 months later when the machine is perfect, it ended up costing me $1300 and she never noticed, instead of paying 800 new and having a mad wife.............

As to finding the machines on this site, these production type machines don't sell very often and quite a few people just won't ship the bigger stuff, and try to sell local. Occasionally a saddle shop sells out and all the equipment ends up on here, but that has not happened in a while that I know of. Remember again, this is a hobby so if it seems like work, people won't do it. Hobbies are what you do when you are not working

Two suggestions to get you some machines right now:

Call leathermachineco, or toledo sewing or weaver leather. Cambell-randall is another option. All four sell these machines new or used. Leathermachineco is in California and will finance. The others may finance too. With leathermachineco, you could have machines by the end of the day probably and Steve is known for great service.

Also think of who else uses stuff, paper print shops and cardboard box factories use clicker presses, and other industries also use strip cutters, they are not necessarily just leather machines. Look to suppliers of those industries as well. Creativity in your search will likely pay dividends. Call your leather supplier and see if they can recommend a used machine dealer or something. It is in their best interest to help you get machines because if you double your product output, you also double your leather orders......

Good luck with the search..

Leather machine Co is in Corona, CA.  Something like  55 miles from San Pedro. I think they carry all of the things you asked for.  Steve and Dave are great to deal with.

http://www.leathermachineco.com/

Edited by HBAR

This was my thought, too.  Perhaps we just need attention?

I'm like the last one to recommend leathermachine.co, most likely, but a guy who has ALL of what you need and is located half an hour from you seems like a no-brainer.  And I got like $4 I'd bet that if you place an order for three machines, someone will respond.

Customer service should be positively angelic, since i doubt they would want a bad report from someone just up the street from them ... :whistle:

Edited by JLSleather

4 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

This was my thought, too.  Perhaps we just need attention?

I'm like the last one to recommend leathermachine.co, most likely, but a guy who has ALL of what you need and is located half an hour from you seems like a no-brainer.  And I got like $4 I'd bet that if you place an order for three machines, someone will respond.

Customer service should be positively angelic, since i doubt they would want a bad report from someone just up the street from them ... :whistle:

For three machines this close, I would hope they would deliver and set them up as well. Especially in a retail storefront .

In some industries, if you outfit your retail business visibly with somebodies equipment, and put up a banner or something saying "Made exclusively on Johnny Joes Juicers" it is good for a discount or even free product, just saying.

Do yourself a favor and get on the phone to Leather Machine Co. and then hop in your truck or van and make the very short drive to pick up your brand new , in warranty machines set up and tuned perfectly and enjoy years of trouble free use.  If you are doing enough volume to warrant the machines in the first place, they should pay for themselves in saved time and quality very shortly.......and Yes,  I practice what I preach,  I have three machines from them and have had for four years.  They are a great company and have a great track record for excellent after the sale service.

Paul

I ordered 2 machines from a vendor on this forum.  Three weeks later I still didnt have them even though I was told I would.

They canceled the order.

I called Cobra Steve on a Monday.  I ordered the first 2 machines and 1 more machine. (because a better price) I had them delivered at my house 1100 miles away on Thursday. Less than 4 days from ordering to delivery. Great shipping time and great customer service.  He gave me a pretty good price on all 3 machines too.

Wow, what awesome and thorough feedback.

I did talk to Steve and he seems like a great guy. I did ask to buy all three machines together in cash and he offered a discount. It is still a lot of dough but sounds like the obvious choice. He said I would have to pay for delivery which was about $370 alone.

But I will speak with him and see if he can waive that delivery charge (and throw in free setup as you mentioned) being that I am buying 3 machines brand new. Its gonna cost an arm and a leg but I am thinking long term and this will help bring my gun belt wait time down dramatically and allow me to brach out.

But, thanks guys. I am definitely going to check all of your links and follow up with Cobra Steve. i will post an update once I buy. Thanks!

Quick update. I picked up a used Cobra Class 4 stitcher for $2300 and bought a new Cobra Splitter directly from Cobra Steve. Very happy with the service and I never knew how many new worlds this splitter would open up for me. I am honestly not sure how I ever functioned without one. Total God-send! If you want one and can pony up the money...get one!!! Saves you major money. 

No more buying 10 oz, 6-7oz, 5-6 oz, etc. Just buy thickest you can find and split her down to desired thickness. Boom! Serious $$$ saved for the production leather crafter or active leather hobbyist.

Now waiting for Cobra 10-ton clicker to clear customs then I will have that, He is literally only 35 minutes from my house so I truly appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you! 

Once I get everything in my new shop, I will post a few pics and will hopefully post a full shop tour on youtube.

This is a dream come true for me. Hard work and lots of relationship building. Anyhow, thanks fellow crafters and stay tuned!

Edited by Jess Jones