Zapee

Claes 223-2 Heavy Duty sm. what type of bobbin I need?

Hello!

First of all, sorry if my english is not too good.
I already have a Singer 18-3 shoemaker sewing machine. I live in Hungary, in my country there are not so many used leather sewing machine for sale.
I love handsewing leather, but a want to make belts and bigger backpacks with sewing machine (with thick thread).
Recently I bought a "big" heavy duty machine. The machine type: Claes 223-2 (this machine was built in 1973. in Germany)

It has a very large bobbin and it can sew with the thickest thread (sorry I dont understand the US sizes of the threads, in metric i sew with a number 10 thread (its very thick)...).

I want to buy bobbin for this machine because I have only one. I already sent an email to the "new" Claes company but I haven't got any answer yet.

The size of the bobbin: 2,54 cm * 3,0 cm in metric. 

Thank you for the help! :)

IMG_20161102_194019.jpg

IMG_20161102_194023.jpg

IMG_20161102_194027.jpg

IMG_20161102_194037.jpg

Képkivágás3.jpg

IMG_20161101_142534.jpg

Looks to be the same bobbin that comes in juki 441 style clones and also the Adler 205-350. Mine measures 23mmx30mm. The diameter is exactly 7/8" and the width is1-1/4".

Thank you for the fast reply! I measure it again! (I measured with a ruler... it's not so perfect i think).
I will look up for the juki 441 and adler machines. 

There are a bunch of the juki clone makers. Cobra,cowboy,artisan,techsew,,and many others. The real adler or juki parts are going to be more money. If it is this bobbin, you can get the cloned parts in many places.

My next problem, i need to find a store where I can buy these bobbins (Juki 441 looks like the same i think, thanks for ThinkerTailor for the info) outside from the US, because the high shipping cost from there to Hungary. If somebody can show me an alternative "chinese" or something site i would be very happy!
Thank you!

Thank you for the info TinkerTailor!
A bit more whisky, haha :)

Have a nice day! :)