Genuine Gator (still has the hunting tag attached to the skins).  Whoever tanned and finished this material did a great job, most of it is usable and feels like butter, cuts well and really easy to work with. I have 4 skins in the shop and three are like this one, the other not so much, stiff, hard to cut, very little usable. A good tannery/finisher is imperative for working with this stuff.  Interior is glazed pigskin, and a faille cloth liner on the wallet back.

Chief

Aweb_8501.jpg

Aweb_8503.jpg

Aweb_8502.jpg

Nice job.

Really nice looking Chief!  I'm working on a similar one except I am using some embossed cowhide scrap that I picked up.  Your looks much better.

On 11/7/2016 at 6:54 AM, bikermutt07 said:

Nice job.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Bob Blea said:

Really nice looking Chief!  I'm working on a similar one except I am using some embossed cowhide scrap that I picked up.  Your looks much better.

Thanks Bob, I have some of that embossed leather as well and it does a good job. I got three of these hides from a guy who had killed them and then had them tanned and whomever he had tan them knew what they were doing, they're like butter and look really good.

Chief