KAYSER

Curved Needle Leather Hand Stitch

Hello friends, am using Ritza 25 at 1mm and am looking for a round needle for stitching in tight interior spaces.  I have no experience with round needles, can anyone recommend a smaller round needle that has an eye large enough for Ritza 25 at 1mm?

Many Thanks!

You should be able to find them at any fabric store.  They will be sharp so you will need to blunt the tips on a whetstone.

Upholstery shops use curved needles all the time. If modifying a craft store one does not work, go to a chair and couch refinishing shop and see if they got one or two you can buy.

Osbourne makes them, any osbourne dealer could order them:

http://www.csosborneupholsterytools.com/category/Needles (Curved)

Thanks for the response, and sorry about my tardy response.  Still new to the forum, and haven't figured out how to be automatically notified of replies.  Just found that little toggle in the bottom left, but I assume that is for this post? 

But let me see if I can re-ask this question.  I'm looking for the smallest possible round needle whose eye would be big enough to thread Ritza 25 1mm thread.  I haven't been able to find what size thread various round needles will accommodate.

Thanks for your time.

You mean a curved needle, right? Most needles are round.

Do you have any needles to compare with? A harness needle #2 could fit Ritza 25 Tiger thread at 1mm, and maybe a #3, with some effort. If you have one of those to compare with you'll be fine.

Or, when you go to the store, just look for the smallest needle with an eye that is almost 1mm. Take a ruler if you want to. Your 1mm flat thread should fit in that needle.