Sign in to follow this  
glockanator

Tippmann boss bobbins dropping out

I have had my Boss for about year now and I mostly  stitch with white 277. Occasionally I need to change to a different color and have a specific bobbin Thathe I only wind half full of of whatever color I need to use. Well yesterday I filled it with black to do a holster and was 75% done with it and I could not get the bobbin to stay in the machine on the down stroke. This is the second or third time his has happened. Anyone else have this problem?

Check for lint or thread on the latch(what you push on to get the bobbin out) or the spring on the latch could be broken.

4 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Check for lint or thread on the latch(what you push on to get the bobbin out) or the spring on the latch could be broken.

I will check those thanks

Black thread tends to be very twisty due to being double dipped. Try reversing the direction of the bobbin inside the case.

Lately it's has been doing it with all the thread I have including the white 277 I got when I bought my machine 

For those that are interested I sent Tipp Mann an email and they called me later that day. They had me take the bobbin shuttle out of my machine and check the screw that holds the spring in. once that was tight Ben told me to bend the prong back out just a little and bingo bang that worked.