For my Oilfield folks

IMG_6526fbWM.jpg

IMG_6527fbWM.jpg

IMG_6528fbWM.jpg

That is really cool. I don't care that you didn't carve it, it is still awesome.

yea no carving, but cut, molded, and sewn buy hand 

The whole thing looks great. I was just really taken aback by the engraving.

Holy Hell! That is outright AWESOME! If'n somebody, say another leather worker, was wanting a design lasered... how much would you charge for something like that?

Thank you! I am charging 135 for this book, but this will be something i will reproduce so the computer work on this image is already done. Im still pondering on what to charge someone for a personal image work. This photo took hrs of photoshop work to get it to come out right.

Edited by Jarednem

I bet it did. I've done stuff like that making masks for video and green screen rotoscoping. About my least favorite thing to do.

i can take a look at the image in question, and let you know if its do able though. let me know.

I really have no pattern right now. But that is just too cool NOT to want to do one. Knowing what you likely need to do for your machine, when I find something I really want, I can do some of the grunt work and save you the headache.

Very cool design mate! You've inspired me, I'll have to try and challenge you ;)

My laser bed is only 200x300, one of the $500 40W jobs from ebay. I normally just use it to cut out stencils for airbrushing or cutting acrylic or MDF templates, etc.

What size bed and what power of laser are you using?

609x889 (35"x24"), 150 watt

I sense some laser envy here...

from me?

No, from me. It seems like everybody has a laser except me. I even heard about a guy who has freakin sharks with freakin lasers on their heads...

Hahahaha, I am envious also. Your laser is bigger than mine, that's for sure. 

But I heard that if you keep the area around your laser clear, it makes it look bigger!

The 40w is good for some basic cutting and etching. But if you want to cut thicker veg tan with less scorching, or cut reasonable size projects, the 150W and your working area would perform a whole lot better.

I really like what you did here though. From experience, I know how much effort and skill it takes to make laser etched leather look that good! Great job.

How can I get one of these? My email is wharvison@gmail.com if you don't mind send me an email and info please

Edited by harvy80

Looks great!  Thanks for sharing!

Contact me through my FB page jtlasernleather 

Very nice.  That's a lot of detail in the laser engraving

What brand laser engraver are you using? I'm in the market for one but all the big manufacturers seem like they are on the East Coast. I'd like to know it can do what I need before I drop $10-15K on one and I'm hoping I won't have to spend $2k to go cross country just to get a demonstration.

yea I got mine from boss laser in Florida, I didn't get a demo, I just researched the crap out of it and boss laser is where I landed. Great machine, I'm very happy with it. customer service and excellent

Beautiful!

Haha laser envy, am I the only one that thought of Spaceballs reading this thread?

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine" hehe 

Anyway, it's an awesome piece, good work 

On 11/8/2016 at 4:11 PM, Jarednem said:

Thank you! I am charging 135 for this book, but this will be something i will reproduce so the computer work on this image is already done. Im still pondering on what to charge someone for a personal image work. This photo took hrs of photoshop work to get it to come out right.

Are you still selling these tally book covers?