yamahog3187

Soft pull up leather edges.

Is there any way to finish the edges of a soft pull up leather? It is about 1oz leather if that.

A folded edge might be the best for this situation. Is it just a single layer of leather?

You could also cover it with a bound edge.

Edited by thefanninator

I was going to do a folded edge, but every time I tried to skive the edge the leather stretched really bad. Either that or it stretched then caught the skiver blade and ended up tearing the edge. As much as I like the look of this leather, I think I am going to have to use it for another purpose unless I can find another way to finish the edge. I may order some Fiebing's edge coat and try that.

If you are using leather that is that thin then there is no reason to have to skive it, just fold around the entire edge to the depth that you need and make sure that the contact cement sticks real good.  If your leather really is about the 1 oz. thickness then you won't even have any issues with bunching up or anything as it should just be able to smooth right out for you.