amateursewing

SINGER INDUSTRIAL TREADLE MACHINE

I have an old singer 188k in a Singer treadle industrial base, the problem is that I would like 

to attach the pitmacn rod from the wheel to the treadle foot, there seems to be a metal stud

in the side of the treadle base and which goes thorugh the eye at the end of the pitman rod,

I cannot get this pin out of the treadle foot, it wont hammer out and there isnt enough space

to get purchase on it with a wrench to see if it screws out, can anyhole help?? dont want to smash

it!!

thanks

amateursewing 

XL805138.JPG

XL805199.JPG

If you’re talking about the cone bearings in each side of the foot plate, they have a straight screwdriver slot in the outer end that you screw them in and out with to adjust the bearing.  The nut on it is a jam nut that has a normal right-hand thread.

Lift the head out of the stand, tip the stand forward or backward, loosen the jam nut with a wrench, and unscrew the stud.

CD in Oklahoma

Amateursewing_02.JPG

Hi CD, no its not the axles I want to undo it is the pin in the other side of the Singer foot treadle, that is for putting the pitman rod from the flywheel on to, the rod fromt he flywheel has been disconnected but I would like to reconnect it should I ever use this treadle base for treadling,  I just CANNOT get this stud out of the end of the treadle plate, there is an eye on the end of the pitman rod from the flywheel and it seems that the stud on the treadle plate must go through this eye on the rod so that it can be treadled. What do you think? thnaks Amateursewing I have tried soaking this stud on the treadle plate in WD40 and pentrating oil , I have tried hammering it out but am not sureif it is screwed in, there isnt much room to get a wrench on it to unscrew it unless I turn the whole table over. Its really p'ing me off.

P1090974.JPG

P1090975.JPG

OOOOOH!!! when I look at this photo carefully it looks to me like there is a screw on the backside of the little arm - I am getting ready to go to the airport now so havent much time to investigate this, what do you think?? Amateursewing

P1090975 arrowed.jpg

IT IS!! IT IS!!! Its a little screw on the back of the treadle plate arm!! just unscrewed it and there is a flat section on that stud and it fits through the eye on the rod from the flywheel!! Hurrah!! thanks Amateursewing