CedarCreek

New holster just finished last night

Snake_Slayer_IV__2_.JPGSnake_Slayer_IV__9_.JPGSnake_Slayer_IV__10_.JPGSnake_Slayer_IV__12_.JPGSnake_Slayer_IV__14_.JPGSnake_Slayer_IV__20_.jpgSnake_Slayer_IV__1_.JPGHad to build a holster for a new pistol I got from my wife for Christmas. :) Its a Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV .45LC/.410 with 3 1/2" chambers. I recently got my concealed carry license so this is my first attempt at a concealed holster. There are a few things I will change for the next one, but I think it came out pretty good. Let me know what you think and I will get started on the next one.

post-8307-1230932315_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1230932340_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1230932352_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1230932384_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1230932400_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1230932441_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1230932458_thumb.jpg

Edited by CedarCreek

Sorry, Have got this posting down yet. had to edit. How do I put images right in the post rather than an as an attatchment?

I think it looks great! What weight leather did you use? What type of finish is that?

I think it looks great! What weight leather did you use? What type of finish is that?

thanks, I use a 7/8 outer with 3/4 liner. All of the western rig I build are lined so I did the same with this one. I think it gives a better finished look and holds its shape better. I know most CC holsters are unlined, I just have not tried it. The finish is buffed Fiebings proffesional oil dye Black.

I really like it, nice job

That looks really awesome CedarCreek. I've only made one holster and I have a question for you. What is the reason for the spacer leather that run below the trigger guard and barrel, is it because of the width of the pistol?

Thanks,

Butch

Nice looking holster. It looks like it will make an excellant driving holster. I also wish I had money to burn, I would like to have one of those Bond Arms muself.

Randy

That looks really awesome CedarCreek. I've only made one holster and I have a question for you. What is the reason for the spacer leather that run below the trigger guard and barrel, is it because of the width of the pistol?

Thanks,

Butch

Thanks, the reason I put in the spacers is because of the width of the trigger guard as well as the rest of the gun. It allows me to narrow up the profile of the holster some. Without the welt the holster would have the be much wider just so I could get the main seam sewn up. If I was building a holster for a colt 1873 style pistol I would use the same spacer except I would tamper it down to nothing once I got past the trigger guard. Hope that made since.

Snake_Slayer_IV_Version_2__36_.JPGSnake_Slayer_IV_Version_2__30_.JPG

Well, I made a few pattern changes to clean up some things from the original design. So here is version 2.

post-8307-1231140045_thumb.jpg

post-8307-1231140251_thumb.jpg

Now those are NICE holsters !!

Nice job, Nice holster and a conversation piece gun!!! I have had one of those for years it's as much fun to talk about as it is to own. YOur wife did good what did you get her??

Wow! Very cool.

Love the chunky design.

Nice work indeed>

Karl

It looks to me like your stitching is near to perfect, I'm envious! Did you groove for the stitches or not? It doesn't appear so from the pictures. Beautiful work.

Scott

It looks to me like your stitching is near to perfect, I'm envious! Did you groove for the stitches or not? It doesn't appear so from the pictures. Beautiful work.

Scott

Yes, I put a groove line for all the stitches, inside and out. Thanks everyone for the comments. I think the next project will be a shoulder holster.

That is a nice looking holster

Your stitching is so nice and even, and I like that you did back stitch at

pressure points..I try to do that also. Most of my work is in sheaths but

I'm making more holsters. I have a couple samples on show tables when

I go to gun shows. I have to try to use my cowboy guns for fit for the

samples I have on the table, or I borrow a friends guns.

I do have one air pellet gun i'm going to use as a pattern for a pancake

holster, but it may be too big. My real gun has a site on so i can't use

it for a pattern.

JoAnn

CedarCreek;

That's a nice lookin rig...You did good.