Ozzjim

1911 Unique holster info needed

Gents,

a guy stopped by our holster booth and asked if I had the pattern for a 1911 holster for an in-holster push-down rack type. He saw one once and didn't get it, been kicking himself ever since. I had another guy relate a story that the MP's used to rack theirs on the exterior of their holster.. Somehow.. 

Any info for me on the holster-rack for me?

i appreciate your consideration

Jim

Saw a YouTube video about a year ago with the Israeli military using a holster like that. They don't carry with one in the chamber. Dunno if that helps or not.

On 11/15/2016 at 9:15 AM, Ozzjim said:

Gents,

a guy stopped by our holster booth and asked if I had the pattern for a 1911 holster for an in-holster push-down rack type. He saw one once and didn't get it, been kicking himself ever since. I had another guy relate a story that the MP's used to rack theirs on the exterior of their holster.. Somehow.. 

Any info for me on the holster-rack for me?

i appreciate your consideration

Jim

I forget if it was Army or Gyrenes that used to teach their MP's that trick with a standard as issued flap holster and their 1911. Weapon was carried holsters and chamber empty. They were taught to partially draw the pistol just enough so that the recoil spring plug would clear the trigger guard area of the holster. Draw technique iirc caused that part of the slide to drop into the trigger guard recess. They then pushed down partially racking the slide but it was enough to chamber a round with a brisk final draw.

You can see the principal by using the edge of a counter, pants leg, etc. 

I'd imagine that trick would work with most enclosed trigger holsters for a 1911 as well.

I'm not sure if there was some trick holster someone came up with for the civilian market but that's as I recall it being relayed to me by an old MP many years ago. My Dad was a Wingnut MP and they were using .38Spl's when he was in so time has lost me the ability to recheck this info. Sorry but hope it helps even though this is an old thread.