I have had this camo pattern printed on leather that I got from Springfield for a while, decided to make some items from it.  It is a really nice leather 4/5 oz and very soft.  Inside is hand made from Mission Grain Pigskin. Also I posted this because many people think that all I know how to do is Mexican Basket Weave lacing. This is more "old school" double loop lacing.

Chief

Aweb1_8504.jpg

Aweb2_8510.jpg

Aweb3_8511.jpg

Edited by Chief31794

Looks nice Chief.  The problem I have with that pattern of stitching on wallets and anything else where the stitching meets itself is joining the start and stop together so it is hidden.  I do use a triple loop stitch on all my laced holsters and I get along fine.  Looks like you did a great job on this one as I can't see where you started and stopped.

Looking really nice Chief. Hey is there any reason why there are these grey marks on that bill? Can only see one tiny flaw and this is where I assume your start and end of the lacing is. 

Looks great Chief! I think we should start a contest to guess where you started and finished. My guess is right under the tree trunk bottom right hand? I'm not real sure about that but that's my guess on this fine piece of lacing!

22 hours ago, Rohn said:

Looks nice Chief.  The problem I have with that pattern of stitching on wallets and anything else where the stitching meets itself is joining the start and stop together so it is hidden.  I do use a triple loop stitch on all my laced holsters and I get along fine.  Looks like you did a great job on this one as I can't see where you started and stopped.

Thanks Rohn, I prefer Mexican Basket Weave lacing but this one work pretty well too and some people like the "retro" look of the double loop.

22 hours ago, Thor said:

Looking really nice Chief. Hey is there any reason why there are these grey marks on that bill? Can only see one tiny flaw and this is where I assume your start and end of the lacing is. 

You're not allowed to post pictures of bills, I've tried when showing wallets or money clips and most software will balk at trying to upload it, so I just automatically smear the bill to make it uploadable.  That is where it started/ended, however, I hadn't tucked that back in when I took the pictures, I take a modeling tool with the sharp end and push this small piece back into the lacing.

17 hours ago, Bigfoote said:

Looks great Chief! I think we should start a contest to guess where you started and finished. My guess is right under the tree trunk bottom right hand? I'm not real sure about that but that's my guess on this fine piece of lacing!

You are correct and win the prize, see the answer above as to why I hadn't recessed that piece at photo time.  There are at least 6 pieces of lace used in making that wallet and the splices where you end one piece and start another are totally hidden, the only small hiding you have to do is where it meets back up to the start point.

Thanks,

Chief

I guessed that place because that is where I usually start my lacing. Wow six pieces, you are an expert at hiding those joints!

That came out nice. I almost always use Mexican basket weave also it is my favorite lacing pattern.  

I use double loop on almost all my items, so I feel qualified to say you did good!  Your lacing looks really smooth.

On 11/19/2016 at 1:01 AM, Bigfoote said:

I guessed that place because that is where I usually start my lacing. Wow six pieces, you are an expert at hiding those joints!

Thanks

On 11/21/2016 at 2:47 PM, Horseshoe said:

That came out nice. I almost always use Mexican basket weave also it is my favorite lacing pattern.  

Thanks

8 hours ago, Bob Blea said:

I use double loop on almost all my items, so I feel qualified to say you did good!  Your lacing looks really smooth.

Thanks Bob.