Sign in to follow this  
Bob Blea

Embossed Crocodile Leather Clutch Wallet

Now for something completely different, for me anyway....

I got some crocodile embossed leather remnants and there were some pretty big pieces, so I decided to try making a ladies clutch wallet out of one of them.  It turned out better than I thought it would have, so I'm looking to make another.  I did post it on my Etsy shop but I think my wife might claim it.

front.jpegback.jpeginside.jpeg

The interior is made of a thin chrome tan pull up leather with a pigskin liner.  The edge lacing is calf leather lace.  The embossed croc is a chrome tan and it was very thin and floppy, so I had to back it with a thin piece of veg tan to give it the stiffness I wanted the outside of the wallet to have.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/492253955

Great job. I'm no fan of lacing but it accents the big croc pattern really well.

Thanks bikermutt, I've got to agree with you on that.  I was happy with how that turned out, and it's probably one of the reasons I was surprised on how much I liked it.  May have to get some real croc or alligator sometime.

19 hours ago, Bob Blea said:

Now for something completely different, for me anyway....

I got some crocodile embossed leather remnants and there were some pretty big pieces, so I decided to try making a ladies clutch wallet out of one of them.  It turned out better than I thought it would have, so I'm looking to make another.  I did post it on my Etsy shop but I think my wife might claim it.

front.jpegback.jpeginside.jpeg

The interior is made of a thin chrome tan pull up leather with a pigskin liner.  The edge lacing is calf leather lace.  The embossed croc is a chrome tan and it was very thin and floppy, so I had to back it with a thin piece of veg tan to give it the stiffness I wanted the outside of the wallet to have.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/492253955

Beautiful job Bob, and I am a big fan of lacing and this is super impressive.

Chief

28 minutes ago, Chief31794 said:

Beautiful job Bob, and I am a big fan of lacing and this is super impressive.

Chief

Thanks Chief!  Coming from you that means a great deal to me.

19 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Great job. I'm no fan of lacing but it accents the big croc pattern really well.

I agree. Crikey! Really sets off the croc!

Edited by antipaladin

I favor the double loop.  I can do it all day long.  Looks great I like it on the croc.  Looks classy too me.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:22 PM, capsterdog said:

I favor the double loop.  I can do it all day long.  Looks great I like it on the croc.  Looks classy too me.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:29 AM, antipaladin said:

I agree. Crikey! Really sets off the croc!

Thanks antipaladin and capsterdog, I'm looking forward to making another one of these.