I got some natural pigskin from Tandy to do some light weight wallet intereiors. It doesn't seem to take any dye except the Fiebings Pro Black. The back get dark but not the grain side. Even the black seems "blueish". Tried different colors and dip, dauber, full strength and 50/50. Any thoughts other than don't use pigskin or buy from tandy? Cuz already did both.lol

Yep. Looking on tandy website it say can be dyed and tooled. BUT when I drop a piece in boiling water it doesn't shrivel. I think it's chrome tan.

Fiebings Tan and light brown. also 50/50 and full strength. and for giggles fiebings mahagany antique paste and economic flow black antique. Also cleaned with Barkeepers Friend.

Update.... Tried cleaning with deglazer and it seemed to take a coat of something off but still wouldn't dye. So I took it back to Tandy and got my money back.

I bought 2 hides of the pigskin, didn't have the least problem dying with fiebings alcohol dye...then fading them out with some other items at the bottom. I thought they sucked in dye quite nicely for the chap/pants I made.  Beat them around a bit and add some Aussie and they wear quite comfortably. I plan on getting some more

pants2.jpg