rktaylor

Small Ranch Saddle

I rebuilt (used the tree) this saddle for a friend. He had a worn out saddle and wanted a little ranch saddle for his grandkids. The seat is 11" and he made the stainless steel stirrups for the saddle. He also wanted a basket weave, but I talked him into letting me add the oak leaves.

Let me know what you think.

Randy

Saddle04 007a.jpg

Saddle04 010a.jpg

More pics

Saddle04 012a.jpg

Saddle04 019a.jpg

Randy,

Good looking job.  I really like your stitching.  Pretty nice saddle for small cowboys.

Ron

Too much to be called a rebuild

Thanks Ron. I need to buy a sewing machine.

Good point Oltoot. I suppose I was being generous with the term.

Randy

Thanks Billy,

My buddy picked up the saddle today. I can't wait to see pictures of his grandkids riding pasture with him.

Randy

Looks great! I like how you did the Cheyenne roll in such a way that the stitching is further back so you don't feel it.

Question: Where do you get your leather for saddles? I'm looking into making a saddle but am unsure about where to get good leather at a reasonable price.

Thanks!

-Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for the comments. I get most of my leather from Panhandle in Amarillo, but am looking into ordering direct from Hermann Oak.

Randy

I live in Amarillo, TX and I buy a good bit of leather from Panhandle Leather. They are a great bunch of guys and I would highly recommend giving them a try. I have it good since I live less than 2 miles from them and I can just drop in and pick out what I need. They do a lot of business with saddle and boot makers in the Texas panhandle, but I think that the majority of their business now comes from the internet...