justken

info on a Singer 77-66

looking for general info on a Singer 47-66....How thick  will it sew?...Heaviest thread it can handle..Will be using to sew two layers of nylon to 5oz suede...what's a machine that's just been gone thru,set up on a flat table, with clutch motor worth?

Edited by justken

I think it is not as heavy as the 153. I would guess 5-6mm thickness. it is not a walking foot machine. It has a jump foot system if I remember correctly. These were mainly used as binding machines afaik and for lighter leather work I guess

Thank you sir!... Did a quick search but didn't find much on this machine... Know where there's one for sale, not sure if it'll work for what I'm needing though... Was hoping this machine could handle up to 138 top thread and go thru 3/16(5mm) ... Trying to find out before making a hour drive to go look at it!...

I guess it has the same hook as the 153 though I´m not sure. In case it has the same hook it most likely can handle 138. So I would go and test sew the machine. The seller should not have a problem with that. Needle system is 128x3 so a 22 needle should suit the 138 thread.

Thanks again!... Lady has it set up with 69 now... Rarely ever use that small of thread... Just expanded shop and have room for yet another machine!... Guess I'm getting lazy in my young age, tired of having to change needles and tread... Looking at getting a machine for a single process during production runs... My Chief Financial Adviser ( Wife) is sure questioning why I need machine #7 though!... Lol

Edited by justken
Add

if it is not too expensive - why not - I would make the trip and test it. I also have machines (just the heads) that I'm barely using. So what - they don´t eat bread and just need some oiling from time to time ;)

I read the specs of that machine, via Constabulary's link, and saw that its longest stitch length is only 8 to the inch. That will work okay with #69 thread (#16 or #18 needle), but not #138 (#22 or 23 needle).

Thank you sirs!... Mr Wizcraft, that's what I seen also... Leaning towards passing on this one... Will share lady's post for others on here though... If allowable..

Ohio Facebook site:

Albany/Athens buy sell giveaway..

image.jpg