rhinez0r

Skiver Servo Motor won't stop!!

Anyone have experience fixing a variable speed servo motor? It was working fine yesterday, but now when I turn on my machine it won't stop running. It's a 550w variable speed servo motor.. should I just get it replaced?

24 minutes ago, northmount said:

Check the linkage to the control arm first.  Has it slipped or been been bent?  Is the control arm seized up?

Tom

Control arm ok, nothing slipped or bent. I am wondering if it its an electrical issue with circuit board. Anywhere we can find more information?

This can be caused by a faulty circuit board or a defective needle positioner  (though I doubt you have a postioner on a skiver). Changing circuit boards is often plug and play.

I'm considering changing my skiver over to a servo....how are you finding it for power?  Does it stall very readily?

I just noticed that you are in Nelson, BC.  I don't know who you buy from, but Marc at Mason Sewing has proven very helpful with problems that I have occured over time.  He may have a circuit board if you need one?

9 hours ago, Sonydaze said:

I just noticed that you are in Nelson, BC.  I don't know who you buy from, but Marc at Mason Sewing has proven very helpful with problems that I have occured over time.  He may have a circuit board if you need one?

Hey thanks! The motor is still under warranty, I think I isolated it to the circuit board. The RPM can't be adjusted, we took the safety plate off and the spinning wheel just rubs against the brake pad and almost starts to smoke. Since the sensor isn't "sensing" and the RPM dial isn't working I must assume it's a circuit issue.

I'm actually in the market for more thread and supplies, so I may hit up Masons either way =)

On 11/27/2016 at 8:07 PM, rhinez0r said:

Hey thanks! The motor is still under warranty, I think I isolated it to the circuit board. The RPM can't be adjusted, we took the safety plate off and the spinning wheel just rubs against the brake pad and almost starts to smoke. Since the sensor isn't "sensing" and the RPM dial isn't working I must assume it's a circuit issue.

I'm actually in the market for more thread and supplies, so I may hit up Masons either way =)

Cansew in Vancouver has lots of bigger threads in many colours nylon or poly at good prices. Last time i talked to mason, they did not stock much for thread bigger than 138. Not many options for needles to fit my 441 either.  I have a few other connections down here depending on what you are looking for. Hit me up, one Nelsonian to another.