rdb

Show off vs Critique

I figger if someone posts in Show Off, they're looking for a small pat on the back. For crying out loud, give it to them, or move on. They are genuinely proud of the effort, and fully aware there are some worse, and some better out there. We should want to support each other, not tear each other down.

If they wanted critiques, they would have said so, or posted in "Critique my work". So many people in this business think they are just the cat's meow, and know everything. They have to tell everyone else what they did wrong.  Hey, I got eyes! I can see the things YOU made. And you have the hutzpah to try and instruct ...sheesh.

Look, the leather business comes and goes. There can be decades between it's popularity, and disdain. Thirty years from now, the guys you are criticizing could still be around, and you...long gone. Lighten up, Francis!

I'm feelin' cranky today, sooo,   just a small rant, and didn't want to hijack someone's thread, with this observation. Don't be like me.... Be kind to each other.

2 minutes ago, rdb said:

Lighten up, Francis!

Tha's funny.  But ya gotta be my age to know that it's funny ;)

For what it's worth...... The category doesn't show up at the top of the thread. When I click on a thread from unread content I get no indication of what category I'm reading in. I only have the title available. 

So, it's possible some people could be critiquing by accident.

My thought is, if you show off, expect some critique. It is kind of redundant to have the 2 separate topics.

12 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Tha's funny.  But ya gotta be my age to know that it's funny ;)

And, "That's a fact, Jack!"

31 minutes ago, CaptQuirk said:

My thought is, if you show off, expect some critique. It is kind of redundant to have the 2 separate topics.

My only comment would be.."Wrong"...a bit snippy, I know! But, two separate Sections, two separate purposes. I'm the mod that puts all the topics into a category after they have been up for awhile.  Lots of people don't put their Topic under the right Label, or give it the right Tag. I'm the one that sorts that out.  I'm like the Librarian and the Dewey Decimal system. Not always right, mind you, but I try. Look for a wallet pic, you'll find it under ,  "Purses, Wallets, etc"    because of me. Want to see that pic of a saddle you saw last week...Look under "Saddles and Tack" . Want to see what people are making, and are sort of proud of, enough to post it to the world...see "Show off". Want to learn from everyone on the board .."How do I do That" . Want to see how to improve your work..post in  "Critique my Work". Couldn't be any easier to explain.

Hey, I'm more of an Anarchist, so you do whatever the heck you want to...I'm just sayin'!  Besides, I haven't been posting in a long time, and thought I would re-introduce myself...lol. Say hey to the CY