Well, here it is in all it's glory.  I've learned a ton on just one holster.  There are probably very few things I'll even do the same from my first to my second.  Thanks to everyone who had some input, I really appreciate all the help.  Can't thank everyone enough.  And JLS particularly for the pattern and the guidance.   Hopefully I didn't disgrace your pattern too terribly badly.

31156324370_a7eb655baf_c.jpg

31489621726_e5f0576b26_c.jpg

31156330010_8a808f051a_c.jpg

Purdy sure at least some of the issues you were describing were the leather you were using.  Current trends,  use brown dye, and when it looks blotchy and cheap, just call it "zombie" and double the price :rofl:

Meanwhile, I sent you a chunk of HO leather just so you can compare.  And I made a point of cutting from the shoulder, since yours was from a shoulder - for the best comparison.  Leather is just shy of 8 oz (couple thousandths) so I think you'll find it easier to insert!  It takes black dye quite well.

Good job!  I wish my first one looked half that good!

1 hour ago, BruceGibson said:

Good job!  I wish my first one looked half that good!

Thanks!!  I did a fair bit of research before diving in, as I feel if I'm going to do anything I want to do it well.  Research and good intentions won't substitute for experience though.  I'm just happy my first holster wasn't a throwaway.  My buddy is currently wearing it and says he loves it.  

I have got his mag carrier ready to mold and die/finish up the edges.  So he'll have a matching set.

I also started on an xds avenger style holster and a mag carrier for myself, should have some photos of those up soon.  They were dyed last night and getting some stitches this evening.

31561649136_56956b2cd6_c.jpg

Looks like a great job for a first holster!