I've recently run into a delima regarding folded leather straps that I created where I intend to layer one folded strap on top of a wider folded strap.  The issue that I am having is that my grommets and snaps are deep enough to set properly as the neck and posts don't clear the layers.   I'd need grommets and snaps that are about 3/8 in depth/length. In this case, I am not looking for suggestions on shaving or altering the piece; I'm specifically looking for hardare that can can handle the depth of the project.  Any vendor suggestions would be great!   Thank you in advance! 

13 hours ago, Bolt Vanderhuge said:

Look at these as well as other caps from this site.

http://www.dotfasteners.com/durabletm-caps.html

Thank you.  I will contact them regarding the snaps.  I noticed that they sell the pieces separately, so I will contact them with question to insure that I purchase posts that will fit the other pieces of hardware that I have to avoid waste.

Any suggestions for grommets? 

Greatly appreciated!

Not sure about the grommets, but for Ligne 24 snaps in longer lengths https://ohiotravelbag.com/ 

If you qualify for their wholesale prices there is a substantial savings. Very high quality items.

5 hours ago, machinehead said:

Not sure about the grommets, but for Ligne 24 snaps in longer lengths https://ohiotravelbag.com/ 

If you qualify for their wholesale prices there is a substantial savings. Very high quality items.

Thank you machinehead.  I will look into them as well.  I think I'll need a catalog from them as I'm finding their mobile version a bit challenging .    Maybe easier to view from a computer. 

So Dot Fastners totally dropped the ball and screwed me on my order.   I ordered last Saturday and received an email directly after my order stating that they would send notification when my order shipped.  So I called today to follow up on my order and they hadn't processed it at all.  I told the representative that I needed them shipped TODAY in order to hopefully receive them mid to late next week.   She then goes through my order and tells me that they had not intended to process my order until January 11, 2017 (almost a month later) and then says that there are #1 grommets that they don't have in stock, same for the washers, implying that this is the reason why it had not processed/shipped.   I asked her to remove those from the order so that they can ship the order TODAY as I need the snaps more urgently than the grommets.   She also said that I was "lucky" that I called today as they were going to be closed after today until January and that they were updating my order so that it could be processed.  Further that I should see the updated payment on my credit card account today.

So tonight I go back to check on the status of the order and didn't receive an email stating that the order shipped.  I then log on their web page and see that it's still PROCESSING!   I check my credit card activity and not only are the first charges still pending but also the updated charges once the grommets were taken off.    Had I known that they would have not processed my order this week, I would have looked for another company who could have filled my order for similar products in a more timely fashion.  And it's rather disappointing as I had to call to find that part of my order was on backorder but also the fact that my efforts to get this shipment moving.   I'd suggest that anyone who needs products from them should probably order 1-2 months in advance to avoid what I'm going though... this is ridiculous!  I guess I wasn't so "lucky".

I stand corrected.  So today I received an email

from UPS stating that I have a shipment due tomorrow from them.  I went to their webpage and it appears to be updated, where last Friday night it still showed as not being processed.  So I felt the need to at least put an update as I don't want to give a company a bad reputation if they followed through.   

On 12/23/2016 at 11:00 PM, Anubis78 said:

So Dot Fastners totally dropped the ball and screwed me on my order.   I ordered last Saturday and received an email directly after my order stating that they would send notification when my order shipped.  So I called today to follow up on my order and they hadn't processed it at all.  I told the representative that I needed them shipped TODAY in order to hopefully receive them mid to late next week.   She then goes through my order and tells me that they had not intended to process my order until January 11, 2017 (almost a month later) and then says that there are #1 grommets that they don't have in stock, same for the washers, implying that this is the reason why it had not processed/shipped.   I asked her to remove those from the order so that they can ship the order TODAY as I need the snaps more urgently than the grommets.   She also said that I was "lucky" that I called today as they were going to be closed after today until January and that they were updating my order so that it could be processed.  Further that I should see the updated payment on my credit card account today.

So tonight I go back to check on the status of the order and didn't receive an email stating that the order shipped.  I then log on their web page and see that it's still PROCESSING!   I check my credit card activity and not only are the first charges still pending but also the updated charges once the grommets were taken off.    Had I known that they would have not processed my order this week, I would have looked for another company who could have filled my order for similar products in a more timely fashion.  And it's rather disappointing as I had to call to find that part of my order was on backorder but also the fact that my efforts to get this shipment moving.   I'd suggest that anyone who needs products from them should probably order 1-2 months in advance to avoid what I'm going though... this is ridiculous!  I guess I wasn't so "lucky".