Sign in to follow this  
ocean

Recycled leather (vinyl like) failed on big order. Supplier responsible?

Customer brought back a big order of high end fully upholstered dinning chairs we did in recycled leather - it is a vinyl like material on fabric backing, I assume it is made out of leather. Anyway, it is peeling like crazy in the areas where body touches it after less then one year. On material supplier label and site it says it is 100,000 double rubs stain resistant material. I remember being skeptical about this, thinking it looks like the same crap that comes on furniture from China that peels in a month, but it is respectable supplier and I went with it. Big mistake. Question - did anyone have any experience getting their money back for material AND for the labor from the supplier?

Please let me know, Thanks. 

I've never heard of anyone getting back money for material AND labor from a supplier.  And as far as getting money back for material alone, you're probably SOL unless you can prove or at least demonstrate that the material was defective or perhaps at the very least misrepresented.  After a years time, its anyones guess how a supplier might respond.  A lot will likely rest on what your relationship with the supplier is and how often you do business with them.  If the supplier is respectable and well known like you say, then maybe they'll work something out for you.  Let us know how it turns out one way or the other.