EfrainBG

Kudos to an excellent service from Buckle Guy

I remember reading somewhere in the forum several complains about customer service or product quality for this or that supplier.

I think it's only fair to praise the ones who go beyond the call of duty to make up for mistakes on the customer side.

This was the case today with Buckle Guy. I started putting things in the cart... as always, I select whatever comes my way that even remotely ressembles what I'm looking for and make up my mind in the end by updating the shopping cart right before the check out process. This time, though, I messed up. I deleted several of the items marked before but I made a mistake on the quantity in one item... of which I realised until I got my confirmation mail.

Long story short, I contacted customer service asking whether the order could be corrected and even offered to take some merchandise to avoid the hassle of a refund for the difference.

Not only did they make it possible, but they modified the order themselves and here I am, with a corrected order and happily waiting for my merchandise to come home.

So, kudos to Buckle Guy for an excellent service!!

Efrain.

P.S: TO THE ADMINS: If this post doesn't belong here or violates in anyway the policies of the forum, please let me know and I'll take it down immediately.

Thanks for the review!  I've never used Buckle Guy, but they're on my list of folks to try.  

You can't have too many hardware sources!

I like BuckleGuy, and they are usually my first stop when sourcing hardware. If I have any complaints, it is that the website could be a little easier, and the selection could be a little larger. That said, the site is NOT the worst I have tried to navigate. But, it could be organized a little better. This last holster I put together, the customer wanted all black hardware- this meant buckles, o-ring, d-rings, rivets, and chicago screws. I could not find half the hardware I needed, and ended up at Weavers. They had all that I needed in one stop, but the site was hard to navigate. 10-15 pages of buckles to navigate one at a time, with a slow connection. The search feature did not work.

All in all, BuckleGuy has a decent selection of hardware and other supplies, good prices, and deliver quick.

I started using BuckleGuy about 3 months ago as I was unaware of him until I found mention in a post; can't say that I will be going anywhere else for my hardware at this point so I have to give him a huge thumbs up.  The best thing I find with him is that you can actually get just about all of the hardware components you will need/use in the same finish; can't beat the matching set look when it comes to designs and I haven't found that anywhere else yet.

43 minutes ago, NVLeatherWorx said:

I started using BuckleGuy about 3 months ago as I was unaware of him until I found mention in a post; can't say that I will be going anywhere else for my hardware at this point so I have to give him a huge thumbs up.  The best thing I find with him is that you can actually get just about all of the hardware components you will need/use in the same finish; can't beat the matching set look when it comes to designs and I haven't found that anywhere else yet.

true.
agree 100%

2 hours ago, NVLeatherWorx said:

Unless you need matching Black hardware ;) And in general, a lot of places will only carry shiny nickle or shiny brass. If you want antique or gunmetal, etc., you are out of luck. That is one of the reasons I like buckle guy, they usually have a good selection of finishes and designs.

1 hour ago, CaptQuirk said:

Unless you need matching Black hardware ;) And in general, a lot of places will only carry shiny nickle or shiny brass. If you want antique or gunmetal, etc., you are out of luck. That is one of the reasons I like buckle guy, they usually have a good selection of finishes and designs.

He circulated an email earlier this week asking for input from his customer base on items that you would like to see carried; I am sure that if enough of the holster makers around these boards were to give him a shout out about the hardware that you would most likely see it become a reality on his website.  I have never been able to get hardware that matches, especially for a unique adjustable belt that I make (requires a buckle, a rectangular ring, a 2-prong strap hook, 5 rivets, and 2 Chicago screws) that all match, and I now have 4 different hardware finishes that I offer and my venture into the pet collar realm is going to include the same offerings of finish in sizes starting at 3/8" up to 1 1/2"; best of all is that his prices are quite fair and the hardware is all solid brass as the base.

His selection can be somewhat limited but so far everything I need is there. He gives discounts on larger orders but doesnt charge a minimum order fee, his shipping is quick, solid brass and clearly stated as such, made in china but quality is decent (probably 49% lead and depleted nuclear waste :lol:). 

Oh and his Chicago screws actually work, all of them, they actually screw into the post as you would expect. I had a order of 100 that I got from springfield a year or two ago and never used. Started using them and atleast every second to third the male and female ends would not go together. The female threads were horrible. Some were ok if I used pliers or a vice to hold them while I screwed them all the way down and back out. Noone has time to screw with that every time you put a belt or rifle sling together. 

11 hours ago, MADMAX22 said:

Oh and his Chicago screws actually work, all of them, they actually screw into the post as you would expect. I had a order of 100 that I got from springfield a year or two ago and never used. Started using them and atleast every second to third the male and female ends would not go together. The female threads were horrible. Some were ok if I used pliers or a vice to hold them while I screwed them all the way down and back out.

Females can often be temperamental,, Did you try some soft music and conversation first? :).

Don't forget a nice dinner and a fine wine.:yeah:

19 minutes ago, NVLeatherWorx said:

Don't forget a nice dinner and a fine wine.:yeah:

32 minutes ago, CaptQuirk said:

Females can often be temperamental,, Did you try some soft music and conversation first? :).

Haha nope, I had a few responses being a ex sailor but I am sure they would offend a few members :lol:

@MADMAX22- Being serious, I have used a lot of the chicago screws from Weavers, most of them being bought in the 6 pack packages from the hardware store, some recently bought from Weavers directly. Never had any issues with them not working as expected.

I've ordered from buckleguy a few times. I've only bought brass and nickel plated buckles and D rings, but I've been very happy with the quality of the hardware.  Really nice stuff. 

As others have said, even the nickel plated stuff is solid brass underneath. 

I adore Buckle Guy. They make a fantastic product, great pricing, fair shipping - they are my vendor for all of my product hardware :) 

Another happy Buckle Guy customer here -- I just found them a couple of months ago when my local Tandy didn't carry solid brass trigger swivels in a size for 3/8" dog leashes.  I've now even bought a W&C bridle leather side from them in 3-4 oz., and it looks great (as do all the hardware pieces).

I have had nothing but great experiences with BuckleGuy. They are local to me. I wish there was just a way for me to go pick the stuff I order up though.

27 minutes ago, Huginn said:

I have had nothing but great experiences with BuckleGuy. They are local to me. I wish there was just a way for me to go pick the stuff I order up though.

They don't have a will call counter? That's a little odd.