Tote

Is adler 67 GA 373 walking foot machine

Hello,

I have an Adler 69-372 cylinder arm walking foot machine, Needle system 134 No: 80-110.

I'm looking to get a flatbed Adler and I've come across an Adler  67-GA-373. 

Does anyone know if this is a walking foot machine and what needle system does it take.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the Adler 67-373 is a walking foot machine, and a very nice one at that. The "GK" means safety clutch, or hook clutch (Greiferkupplung in German). I'm not sure how the "GA" is different, if at all.

The Adler 67 Class Brochure shows the different versions in that class.

I had two of these, one with the original Adler sticker and another with a Chandler sticker some time ago and made a few videos with the Chandler.

Leaflets_Adler_Class_67_part2.pdf

Edited by Uwe

The 67-373 is indeed a walking foot machine, with a flat bed. It may use a longer needle than your model 69: System 134-35, if it was setup that way. This machine will handle #138 thread, top and bottom. However, it has a standard size bobbin.

Here is a video I found of someone test sewing an Adler 67...

Hi,

I have an Adler 69-372 cylinder arm machine, Needle system 134 No: 80-110.  I'm looking to buy an Adler flatbed machine similar to Adler 69-372.  I've come across Adler 67-GA-373. (Not sure if it's GA.  The photo of the plate which has the type number is not sharp enough to see if it's GA or G4.  I've attached a picture of the type plate).  I can not find any info about Adler 67-373.  Does anyone know if this is a walking foot machine, what needle system it takes and what size needles it takes.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Adler 67_GA_373.png

I see that "Tote" has started another new topic about these same machines, so I am merging them together to avoid cross-posting answers.

Apologies for starting a second topic about the same machine.  I'm new to leatherworker and could not find my original post or your responses.

Wizcrafts Thanks for merging my posts together.

And Thanks for your replies Uwe and Wizcrafts! You answered all my questions! Super thanks!

Should be a standard "G" size bobbin like  Singer 111 as to size.  I would get a Pfaff bobbin for a 145.  I know that will  work.

glenn

I'm spying an Adler 67-373 available second hand in my area, and am wondering if this machine is compound/needle feed or just top/bottom walking foot feed. 

The guy in the video above is blasting through the test stitches so fast, I can't tell.

Anyone know for sure?

3 hours ago, MainiacMatt said:

I'm spying an Adler 67-373 available second hand in my area, and am wondering if this machine is compound/needle feed or just top/bottom walking foot feed. 

The guy in the video above is blasting through the test stitches so fast, I can't tell.

Anyone know for sure?

Yes it is. There is a similar topic from 2016, here:

On 12/15/2016 at 10:21 PM, Tote said:

Hello,

I have an Adler 69-372 cylinder arm walking foot machine, Needle system 134 No: 80-110.

I'm looking to get a flatbed Adler and I've come across an Adler  67-GA-373. 

Does anyone know if this is a walking foot machine and what needle system does it take.

Thanks in advance!

The 67-373 and the 67-GK-373 are both the same machine except the GK has a short bed on it.  You cannot add another hook to it like you can the 67-373 to make it a double needle.

glenn

Hi Tote,

Slightly off topic but you mentioned you have an Adler 69-372 and I recently acquired one. I am desperate to find a user manual but can only find it for the 373 model. You don't happen to have one for yours do you? 

Thank you and best wishes :)

Same manual will work.  The 372 has smaller fittings on it like feed dog, feet.  It uses smaller sized 134-35 needles.

glenn

On 6/25/2023 at 2:25 AM, shoepatcher said:

Same manual will work.  The 372 has smaller fittings on it like feed dog, feet.  It uses smaller sized 134-35 needles.

glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thank you so much for posting!  I am so happy to hear that :) and thank you for the tips about needle sizes. 

Alex