I’ve had another go at doing a wallet this time it’s for a Christmas present so I tried to take a bit more care with this one and not make my usual mistakes. I still need to work on my edges as there is a little bit of a glue line visible but it’s one of my better edges so far.

This was done with goat skin and it was dyed with mahogany and walnut. I avoided my usual bright yellow and red pockets this time as I didn’t think they were suitable for my friend who I’m giving this to.

I received my first makers mark the other day so I kind of went overboard with it by putting in inside and outside the wallet I’ll probably just stick to the one the next time. My friend like me is a proud Northumbrian so I thought he wouldn’t mind having it referenced a couple of times.

Any advice as usual appreciated.

JXWaSSw.jpg

N8AtB9R.jpg

KBF4261.jpg

8VWGPdi.jpg

TMNr7Rq.jpg

oVgX9ct.jpg

That came out top notch!  You should be happy with that for sure.  Edges are nice, color is great, stitching is really good... great work!

YinTx

Nice! I'd not really considered doing a wallet before, now you've ruined that for me! GoatSkin...hmmm. I can do that!

Nice! Very clean.

Nice job, your stitching is great. I like the texture of goatskin, looks great!

That's lovely!

I like that very much. I was thinking of 2/3 oz Hermann Oak and adding the Goat Skin for a lining. Is the Goat skin expensive? What is Kip skin? Is that Goat skin?

1 hour ago, Jimmy McLaughlin said:

I like that very much. I was thinking of 2/3 oz Hermann Oak and adding the Goat Skin for a lining. Is the Goat skin expensive? What is Kip skin? Is that Goat skin?

Thanks, if I remember correctly I paid around £24 per goat skin (6-7 sq ft .8-1mm) I'm no expert but I believe kip skin is from a younger cow the ones I have bought have been about 1.8mm just over 4oz and the full skin was around 17 sq ft.