Hi to everyone,just bought a few days ago a Juki ACNP-MOO2 550W servo motor.Found it on an online market and the seller was very poor with the details.Beeing a cheap deal (35$ including postage) I had bought it,thinking that I'll manage with it somehow.Only after its arrival realised that there isn't the regular small weight servo motor I know from my sewing machine.It's a 30 pounds beast.It's the motor only,no controll box or an on/off box.It has 3 cables coming out of it but I can't tell which one is which.I would like to try to see if it's working but I can only guees which are the power wires,so I better leave it alone.Can anyone tell more about this motor,anyone used this model before?What do I need to test it,or to make it run again.What control box do I need to look for?If I can't use it on a sewing machine can be used as it is,without the controller,for something else like a homemade polishing machine or belt sander?Thank you.

9abc.jpg

9ab.jpg

9a.jpg

9.jpg

8a.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6a.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Doru

Without the control box, this motor will do an excellent job of holding the door open. It's unlikely worth the effort to try and repurpose it for anything else.

8 hours ago, Doru said:

Hi to everyone,just bought a few days ago a Juki ACNP-MOO2 550W servo motor.

1.jpg

Hi,

that's quite a motor. With a max torque of 9 NM @20A/340 Volts, if I miscalculate correctly, it would draw up to 32 Amps @220 Volts and up to 40 Amps @ 110 Volts. Your utility needs to supply that without frying the house, if you want to make full use of the motor. If you have 220 Volts utility you need a Juki D1CHCS control box.

Greets

Ralf C.

20160813_181814small.jpg

20160813_184705small.jpg

No calculations needed.  Nameplate says rated 3.1 Amps and 550 Watts.  That's 0.73 horse power.

Tom

1 hour ago, Kohlrausch said:

Hi,

that's quite a motor. With a max torque of 9 NM @20A/340 Volts, if I miscalculate correctly, it would draw up to 32 Amps @220 Volts and up to 40 Amps @ 110 Volts. Your utility needs to supply that without frying the house, if you want to make full use of the motor. If you have 220 Volts utility you need a Juki D1CHCS control box.

Greets

Ralf C.

53 minutes ago, northmount said:

No calculations needed.  Nameplate says rated 3.1 Amps and 550 Watts.  That's 0.73 horse power.

Tom

Yuppp, that results in 1,6 NM rated torque. But nameplate also states max . torque 0.9 NM and max. current 20A @ 280 to 340 Volts. And that's a little bit more.

Greets

Ralf C.

1 hour ago, Kohlrausch said:

Yuppp, that results in 1,6 NM rated torque. But nameplate also states max . torque 0.9 NM and max. current 20A @ 280 to 340 Volts. And that's a little bit more.

Greets

Ralf C.

Agree it also says 20 A.  However a kg-m is not a Nm.  Recall that F = mass x acceleration.