Welcome to LeatherWorker.Net, Chen!

I can't help you with finding a used Durkopp Adler 205-64 in your corner of the world, sorry.

Durkopp Adler stopped producing the 205 class of machines a few years ago. Several aftermarket copies are still available new (for example Cowboy/HighTex 7205W64).

The 205-64 is a bottom+needle feed machine. Most folks are looking for the 205-370 version, which is a bottom+needle+top, or unison feed machine.   

Documentation is available online: 

Durkopp Adler 205 brochure which shows the various models and subclasses.

Durkopp Adler 205 Service Manual

Durkopp Adler 205-64 Parts Manual

Previous discussions on Leatherworker.net about the Adler 205-64 machines can be found by doing customized Google search like "site:leatherworker.net adler 205-64

Edited by Uwe

That is some real handy information Uwe as always. I like the look a lot of the 205-64 as I am not a big fan of walking foot machines believe it or not. With the use of a and Variostop needle positioner and pneumatic foot lifter I can comfortably work very close to the edge of gussets and such and lift just when I want with the foot. Much of my work is done on an obsolete Pfaff 331-33/1b and although I have a couple of cylinder walking foot Adler and Pfaff they get get used very little in comparison.Check out my homemade foot for it in pic below.The larger size of the 205-64 and Cowboy/Hightex 7205W64 does make me think I will have to go and pay Steve at Singermania  a visit sometime soon. Just about a 3 hour drive away I guess. Thanks again for your helpful sharing. Regards Brian.

PS. Local paper did a story on our business this week see in  link if you like- http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/rocky-leather-factory-launches-high-end-retail-sto/3124263/#/9

DSC08056_resize.JPG

Uwe & RockyAussie

Thank you for your quick answer, I learned a lot from you.
I received a recommendation from professionals leather worker, who build and sew Saddles
I realized that the machine is suitable to my needs Adler 205-64

Right now I sew handmade bags, extra-thick thread (8)

Can you advise me on another machine suited my needs

I attach sample of my work

Best Regards

Chen

Bags.png

Beautiful bags, ChenLinav

Hello folks! 
I have some questions about this machine, and I don't want to start new topic. 

Can you tell me please what are major differences between 105-64 and 205-64? 
I looking for machine that will be able to sew 10-13 mm veg tan leather with about 1mm thick thread. 

Thanks in advance,
Emil.  

105 is the predecessor of the 205. The subclass 64 on both are drop feed + needle feed - no walking foot

Edited by Constabulary

ChenLinav,

The 205-64 was a great machine before Adler came along with the 205-74 in late 1985.  It then made changes and came out with the  205-373, then rebadged it with the 205-370.   Finding a 205-64 will not be easy.  They are out there but not in large numbers.   Going price is $1,500.00-$2.500.00.  Parts from Adler are beginning to get scarce.  If it was me, I would look at at used 205-370 or new 441 clone.    Both are true walking foot machines where as the 205-64 is a bottom, needle feed machine.  Yes , the 205-370 or 441 clone will cost more.  BUT, parts more readily available as are more types of feet.  You might also consider the 205 clone that Weaver Leather sells.  Good machine and cheaper than used Adler 205-370 machines which are going for from $3,500 to over $5,000.00 used!!.  Buy once, cry once!!  Plus the walking foot machines will sew over more difficult items.  I have sewn on all of these machines: 205-64, 205-74, 373, 370, Genuine 441 Juki,  441 clones like Cowboy and Artisan, the Weaver 205-370 clone.  All sew very well.  I own a Durkopp/Adler 205-370 with toys.  No comparison between what the 205-370's and 441's vs. the 205-64.  Just my 2 cents!    Do your homework before you buy.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

Thanks a lot bro! I'm located in Poland, prices are different and availability is different ;) 
I found 205-64 for about 850 $, 205-370 will cost 2-3K $. I'm sewing only sheaths for knives, so I need simple tool for one job. 
I will try to sew my leathers on this machine next week ;) 

I sewed quite a bit on a 205-64. It would do two layers of skirting well down to wallets. Three layers of skirting and there would start to be more needle deflection. I moved to a Ferdco 2000 for those heavy back cinches and eventually sold the 205. Even with that, if I saw another 205-64 for $850 and it sewed, I jump on it in heartbeat. 

On 11/25/2022 at 4:40 PM, EmilHandmadeKnives said:

Thanks a lot bro! I'm located in Poland, prices are different and availability is different ;) 
I found 205-64 for about 850 $, 205-370 will cost 2-3K $. I'm sewing only sheaths for knives, so I need simple tool for one job. 
I will try to sew my leathers on this machine next week ;) 

That will work for you.  That's  great.

glenn