cjartist

Last Minute Christmas Gift Woes

So about a week ago I decided that I would make my brother a bar stool for Christmas.  He builds and plays cigar box guitars and goes by the aka Judge Gazza. The design was actually made for him by a friend to resemble the Converse All Stars logo.

It was kind of slow going because punching all of those holes and doing that round braid is killer on my wrists.

Everything was going fine and I was set to finish it up today to gift to him tomorrow.  Then I began to hammer tack the top on this cheap p.o.s. chinese made stool and the screws holding the legs on started to pop out.  I got it mostly attached and only added one of the side decorative nails.  Then I just wrapped it up and he's going to have to finish it :(

He has the tools and the ability to fix or replace the stool.  It just sucks that I have to give it to him in this state.  Merry Christmas everyone!

GazzaStool.jpg

GazzaStool2.jpg

Very attractive! Nice work. 

Merry Christmas.

Thank you Sir.  I think he'll like it. If I ever do it again, I'll be sure to unscrew the seat before pounding on it.

Very nice! Clean execution on your part, can't help what the Chinese do.

Looks great..