Uwe

Sneak Peek: UT441 flatbed table attachment for 441 class machines

I've been working on a flatbed table attachment for the 441 class of machines for a while now and it's finally far enough along to share a few photos. It's intended as an alternative to the standard table attachment available from the machine vendors.

After initial trials I decided to incorporate the throat plate opening into the metal plate to come as close as technically possible to the original flatbed version with a continuous flat surface without gaps. The center metal part is made from a 1/16" stainless steel top plate bonded to a 3/16" aluminum base plate. Small oil access holes in the metal plate allow oiling the machine without having to remove the board.

My Cowboy 4500 served as the testbed for development and test fittings. The flatbed attachment should also fit the original Juki TSC-441, Cobra Class 4, and various other copies of the Juki TSC-441 design with a standard length arm.

This post is about sharing the design and concept of this prototype flatbed attachment. It'll put a separate post in the marketplace section when the production version of the flatbed attachment is available for sale in mid-January 2017 ($159)

_MG_2712.jpg_MG_2713.jpg_MG_2714.jpg_MG_2715.jpg_MG_2722.jpg_MG_2719.jpg_MG_2723.jpg

Where is the like button, I can't find the like button. Very nice Uwe

yes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said

Very nice. Tell me, Uwe, do you actually use your machines? They always look so......clean ;).

Uwe,

that looks a world above the flatbed that ships with these machines.  I've only used mine a couple times and they leave a lot to be desired.   

Do you have any ideas of price point at this time?

14 hours ago, Uwe said:

This post is about sharing the design and concept of this prototype flatbed attachment. It'll put a separate post in the marketplace section when the production version of the flatbed attachment is available for sale in mid-January 2017 ($159)

Answers price point question.

Edited by Hockeymender

Uwe we need some different size feed dogs for these things with associated plates. You gonna start making some?

I think these machines could use a feed dog setup for 138 and lower thread needle combo or even 207 and lower, then one for the larger 277/207 and larger combos. Right now what we have is a catch all for 138 or 92 if you can get it to work all the way up to 416 or whatever size they max out at, jack of all trades master of none. The setups they have work good for large stuff but the smaller end performance could be improved considerably. 

Thats a nice looking setup you have made. Great job. 

Beautifully done Uwe!

Uwe,

I have an Industrial CNC router, doesn't do metal. I have made many un-available items, some from the multi layered plywood, best I have used is "Apple Wood".

From one Innovator to another, That is some mighty fine work. If I owned a 4500, I would have to have one of those.

Ferg

On 12/27/2016 at 11:13 AM, Hockeymender said:

Answers price point question.

Sheepishly I got distracted by the pictures and never got to the end of his post.  Thanks. 

I often get questions about which variations of 441 clones this table will fit. The UT441 table was designed for the 16.5" arm of the original Juki TSC-441. The model names and numbers on the various Juki TSC-441 clones and variations can be very confusing, even within the same brand.

I double checked the arm length specs of common 441 variations:  

Juki TSC-441, Cowboy 4500, Techsew 5100, Cobra Class 4: 16.5" arm  (UT441 table is designed to fit this arm as-is)

Artisan Toro 3200: 12.5" arm  (drill & tap hole in arm to accomodate UT411 table)

Cowboy 3200, Techsew 3850: 10.5" arm  (too short for UT441 table)

Artisan Toro 3000: 9.5" arm  (too short for UT441 table)

Cowboy 3500: 9" arm (too short for UT441 table)

I do plan to make a short version of the table  for the popular Cowboy 3200, but it'll be spring 2018 before that becomes a reality. 

Edited by Uwe

That is very nice work Uwe.

Not having one of these machines, I'm curious as to what is lacking from the readily available flat tables?

Any body care to fill me in?

Thanks

40 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Not having one of these machines, I'm curious as to what is lacking from the readily available flat tables?

Thanks

Quality of materials, fit, finish and the way it secures to the machine 

33 minutes ago, Hockeymender said:

Quality of materials, fit, finish and the way it secures to the machine 

Okey dokey, thanks.

14 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Thanks

As above, and gaps between the table and the feed plate.  The feed plate is flat too.  This would really help keep the material you are sewing flat and allow you to do a better job.

Tom

I think its a great table, and just adding to others mention of no gaps. Its well designed and the looks of install and removal of the table is quick. This aspect is very important to myself.

Floyd

I just received mine (Cobra 4)!

Major kudos to Uwe...beautifully designed and executed...fits perfectly, and the packing/packaging is 1st rate.  Like all of Uwe's stuff, this is professional quality.

(Not normally a fanboi, but I do appreciate quality work).

Thanks Uwe...great job.

Bikermutt , I am not sure that the answer you got satisfied your curiosity, but the best way to settle that is visual from what comes with the machine and what comes from Uwe.  It is like night and day between the two items, I have not bought one yet but it and the in line pressure foot that Uwe makes or on my list of things to buy this year.  Uwe's workmanship are top notch in comparison to what comes stock and I keep going back and forth what I want or need to buy first from him, and he has other items in the planning stages I hope, that will take the 441 clones and open it up for more capabilities than what it has now.  

Looks great and very practical.  Why not share on the "Show Off!" pictures thread as well?

...The most important question not really made clear in this string.  Where can I buy one?

Silver

14 minutes ago, Silverd said:

...The most important question not really made clear in this string.  Where can I buy one?

Silver

Click the online shop link under @Uwepost, online shop, however I don't see it on the mobile app, the desktop site does show it.

https://uwe.store/collections/featured-items/products/ut441-flatbed-table-attachment-for-juki-tsc441-class

Edited by koreric75
Added link