OK guys, now that it has been gifted by my client to their recipient for Christmas: Here is a recently completed project that I have been itching to share!

It is Hermann Oak English Bridle, and the colour is Havana. The red stitching is called 'Slam Thread' by Lekoza. It is stitched all the way down once, backstitched all the way back to the top, and then backstitched down 2 holes again to finish. Edges are bevelled, dyed dark brown, and burnished with bees wax.

I hope you like it!

Full 1.jpg

Full 2.jpg

full 3.jpg

Full 4.jpg

Edited by Wedgetail
added details on the stitching.

Love the color. Great job.

Thanks guys :)

Buckle and keepers are 38mm and come from Adelaide Saddlery and Leather. They are solid brass with brushed nickel.

Looks beautiful. I always like red thread with brown leather. Those keepers are really nice. You don't see ones shaped exactly like that from any of the usual suppliers. 

Im curious why you back stitched each row again instead of just using larger thread. Does it add to the strength?

11 hours ago, trailrunner said:

Looks beautiful. I always like red thread with brown leather. Those keepers are really nice. You don't see ones shaped exactly like that from any of the usual suppliers. 

Im curious why you back stitched each row again instead of just using larger thread. Does it add to the strength?

Thanks mate!

I double stitched it because if a thread breaks for any reason it is still strong, and it doesnt affect the aesthetic like a missing stitch would... plus i over engineer things. Haha

Very nice!

Beautiful work! Do you like the SLAM thread? How does it compare to Tiger? 

10 hours ago, Sceaden said:

Beautiful work! Do you like the SLAM thread? How does it compare to Tiger? 

Thanks mate! 

I have not used tiger, but i can say that SLAM is by far the best i have used!

Nigel Armitage (on youtube) made a video comparing them, if you are interested. I bought some based on that video and was very happy with it.

Nicely done, love the contrasting colours. I done a pass through Ipswich today, Next time will have to do a stop over and meet up.

Good work.

Dark Havanna is second only of my favourite colours for bridle butts to London Tan.

One reason why I always recommend http://www.metropolitanleather.com/index.php for, with these "standard colours", you can buy leather from them and match hides you bought from them years ago.  Though these colours are in truth universal and bear other names elsewhere they are set in stone.

On Monday, January 02, 2017 at 8:29 PM, AussieMade said:

Nicely done, love the contrasting colours. I done a pass through Ipswich today, Next time will have to do a stop over and meet up.

Good work.

Thanks mate!

For sure that would have been great, swap tips and ideas. Next time maybe :) , you can reach me from my wedgetail leather page on facebook.