MillieB

Hello from UT!

Hello!  I'm just getting back to leatherwork after an 8-year break, and I'm enjoying it so much!  I've been reading a lot on this forum and appreciate all of the info I've gleaned from you!

Here are some chinks that I made for my 10-year-old cowgirl for Christmas, and a set of reins out of harness leather (something I've not done before).  I'm excited to try new things as I get back into this!

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

Sure you weren't working away somewhere like a mad scientist on a mission of leather perfection for the last eight years?

Those things look great.

Hahaha!  Thank you!  I'm happy with how they turned out, especially since it's been so long since I've touched a leather tool.  My girl wanted wildflowers, and pattern design is not my favorite thing... I can't even doodle, let alone draw, so I picked a few different flowers from other patterns and tried to make them all fit together.

This was kind of a "mission" for me though... I was in a car accident 5 years ago, and I will never be the same.  I didn't think I'd ever do leatherwork again, but I had to try.  I don't have very good control over my left hand and arm, it's shaky, I can't tell how hard I grip things, and it goes numb, so I've had to compensate for that in different ways.  Mostly going very slowly with the tooling.  So, thanks again for the kind words!  This was a huge victory for me!

Very beautiful!  Never give up, never surrender!

Great job! look forward to seeing more work. 

Well, keep up the good work. I shy away from tooling as much as possible. After 20 years in construction I'm sure I'm in the onset of some major arthritis. 15 minutes of tooling doodles just sends my fingers and hands into fits. It's not really my bag anyway, though.