Lined and stitched by hand, using Campbell's Satin Laid Linen, beige thread.  Wickett and Craig leather, dyed to match the wallet by request, which was made from Horween leather.  Not an easy color to match!  Plenty of errors.. got in a bit of a rush to complete... but I was able to get the bulk down where the belt retainer is... Enjoy...

BrownBelt2LoRes.jpg

BrownBelt3LoRes.jpg

BrownBelt4LoRes.jpg

YinTx

That is one fantastic match. I love the bare burnish look. Fantastic job.

Thanks, Bikermutt.  And actually, that is a very diluted mixture of 3 different dyes on the edge, then burnished with beeswax, to give it the slight color it has.  This combo is growing on me, I might have to break down and make one for myself! 

YinTx

It is good to see a well made belt.  Thanks for sharing.

I do like the natural look on edges, it makes for a nice contrast on a piece this size. Some people don't like it, some people do. Its not as 'safe' as dyeing the edges, but it has a place on the shelf for sure :)

Very nice! Did you skive down the keeper enough? The top picture looks like it is pretty tight, but the bottom pic looks like there is a bigger gap. Overall great job!

VMTinajero,

I am still working to close the gap. :)  the belt keeper is two layers, stitched, and then formed to the belt.  I am always afraid to skive too much and have thin leather outside of the belt, and I can't skive the keeper after it is stitched.  Eventually I will have made enough to have it down to a science.. but not just yet.

Thanks for the compliment, tho.

YinTx

It's a beautiful belt. If you are going to put two pieces together to form the keeper, practice skiving them down before glueing & stitching them. Personally, I would take a thicker piece of saddle skirting and just add decorative stitching to make the keeper rather than stitching two pieces together, because with the interior bending back against the grain it will always be harder to case. How are you wet casing the keeper? I have steel bars in different widths that I wet case my keepers on that help make nice, hard corners.

How did you like the Wickett & Craig leather? I've never used it but I'm itching to try it- it looks very refined & classy. I used to like working with the Muir McDonald leather; it had a different, waxy feel to it, & it carved like butter.

Edited by VMTinajero