WoodsideCo

Consew 277RFS Compatibility/ Parts

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for info on the compatibility of Consew 277RFS cylinder arm parts. As far as needle plate, feed dogs, binding plate attachment etc. I understand that all parts are the same as the Seiko LSC 8, but after some searching I cant seem to find what the cylinder arm is based on. It seems very similar to both the Pfaff 335 as well as the Juki 246. Specifically interested in being able to use specialized needle plates, as well as binder attachments for Pfaff 335 on the Consew 277. Such as the attached images available from Kwokhing. I have emailed them asking about compatibility, but have not received a reply. Any information on what the 277 cylinder arm is based on / interchangeable with would be very much appreciated. I have also attached a pic of the badge of of the Consew. Thank you!

-Sam

pfaffneedleplate.png

pfaffneedleplate2.png

pfaffbind1.png

Consew 277RFS.png

The cheapest and perhaps most reliable way to answer your questions is to buy a cheap set of parts and just try it out (I have the parts you listed, but I don't have a Consew 277RFS)

Kunpeng has a complete Pfaff 335 binder kit for sale on ebay for $39. I had ordered one some time ago and they work just fine on a Pfaff 335. If those parts fit your Consew 277RFS, anything else made for the Pfaff 335 arm should fit, too. If they don't fit, you can sell the parts again and not loose much if any money. 

You can also buy the Kwok Hing version of that binder kit from me ($169 on ebay) with quicker delivery and better return options, but it's really not $130 better than the Kunpeng version. 

Once you've verified proper fit, I have the 335-S3/S4 gauge set from Kwok Hing for sale and on hand ($99 plus shipping). 

IMG_6837.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the KunPeng Ebay listing:

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 7.41.57 PM.png

Edited by Uwe

That ought to quiet down the constant chorus about how expensive parts are for Pfaff machines. $15 is almost too cheap to consider. I can't even ship an empty box across the pacific for that money, let alone manufacture parts to put in the box. No wonder there is hardly any manufacturing left outside of Asia. For that little money I'm picturing kids with bloody hands coughing up their lungs from the toxic fumes in the factory. In reality the $39 version I pointed out is only marginally more ethical to buy.

Edited by Uwe

Thats globalization - hard to stop it. I really raised my eyebrow when I have seen the price and even incl. shipping. Maybe a production overrun that is flooding the market for a while - who knows. There is a lot of dirt cheap stuff coming from china. Not only sewing machine parts.

25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

For that little money I'm picturing kids with bloody hands coughing up their lungs from the toxic fumes in the factory. In reality the $39 version I pointed out is only marginally more ethical to buy.

We all know that and we still keep buying things from Asia, clothing, shoes - all kind of junk. Check your $100 Nike sneakers I´m sure they come from China. Guess where the $600 Apple Smartphones and the like comes from. You name it - and none of the end customers really knows the production conditions. A higher price does not necessarily mean the conditions are better - it just means often enough someone else is making the profit.

Sometimes you get what you pay for,we have ordered cheap parts like feet & in a few months time when we went to use them they were corroded, didn't fit properly or so brittle they broke when you tightened the foot.

Y

14 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Very true Bob, but its always the very low price that is tempting and its hard to resist!

Yes,really @ that price you can't lose.

I can't afford to buy cheap parts. I buy OEM or generic through my main supplier, which sells both. They find the best quality generic and are always up front about quality or issues that have arisen from other customers. It's something we didn't have to deal with 35 years ago. Everything was OEM purchased directly from the manufacturer. I miss the days when the Singer rep would stop by every other week to take my orders. Sigh.

Regards, Eric

1 minute ago, gottaknow said:

I can't afford to buy cheap parts. I buy OEM or generic through my main supplier, which sells both. They find the best quality generic and are always up front about quality or issues that have arisen from other customers. It's something we didn't have to deal with 35 years ago. Everything was OEM purchased directly from the manufacturer. I miss the days when the Singer rep would stop by every other week to take my orders. Sigh.

Regards, Eric

Do you know where I could get OEM or generic parts for the Consew 277RFS? Or what the cylinder arm is based on / compatible with?

Thank you, Sam

11 hours ago, WoodsideCo said:

Do you know where I could get OEM or generic parts for the Consew 277RFS? Or what the cylinder arm is based on / compatible with?

Thank you, Sam

Try Consew USA itself. Here is their Contact page.

WoodsideCo.

Like Wiz said, you can contact Consew direct.  You could also  telephone Jones Decker at Bill's Sewing in NC.  They were the largest Consew dealer in the US at one time.     Phone  1-800-445-5657.  I have dealt with them  since 1995.

glenn

Being a Consew dealer myself I want to let you know they only sell parts to their dealers.When they get calls from someone they'll let you know the closest one to you.

Thanks guys, I will give Consew a call and see if they can direct me to the closest dealer to me. Really appreciate all the help!

7 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

WoodsideCo.

Like Wiz said, you can contact Consew direct.  You could also  telephone Jones Decker at Bill's Sewing in NC.  They were the largest Consew dealer in the US at one time.     Phone  1-800-445-5657.  I have dealt with them  since 1995.

glenn

Not so technically, if you really want OEM parts, they should be from Seiko, Japan, who clearly manufactured this machine and is and was sold under Seiko model number LSC-8BV-1.  It's still a new, current Seiko model.  Parts from Consew will work great as well, and some of the names of people already mentioned on this thread are aware of this as well and are more than capable of helping.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

My Irish isn't too good, is that price 10 Euros for the set? If so that's about AUS$14!!!!!